Sankaty

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mitch

Sankaty

Post by Mitch »

CMP, What's happening at Sankaty?? I went there last Tues and got the Bluefish plague. Tried the rips outside and just couldn't get the tides to cooperate. Went to the Hooter Thurs and got 27. Tomorrow might be a blowout. The hooter is half the distance ofr me that's why I'm scetchy about makin the steam. Call me 508-400-7999 Mitch
Mitch
waggles02673

Post by waggles02673 »

Mitch

We stopped off at Sankaty on our way in from Veatch on Sunday and it was covered with Bluefish. The only reason we stopped was we thought we saw some Bonito mixed in.

Jon
CMP

Post by CMP »

Wags is right, Mitch. The forked-tailed, yellow-eyed devils are there in full force. There are some piles of bass there, but they have mid-August lockjaw. The water's just too damm hot! I'm in NH this week, earning tuna points, but hope to get down this weekend. I have it on good authority that there's a big body of big fish on its way and I want to be ready. We have out of town guests arriving here in NH next week, then invading the Cape, so fishing time is limited and precious for the next 2 weeks...

CMP
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Thanks for the heads up guys. Same story here in the vineyard too. The only fish are east where the water is in the 50's, but you can't get away from the uniformed beedy eyed bastards with guns and citations. Keepers at the Sword this weekend.
Mitch
CMP

Post by CMP »

Actually Mitch, a "friend" of mine has done well there, outrunning and/or outwitting the nitwits of whom you speak on several occasions but the fish moved south...

CMP

PS Mitch, I have it on very good authority that yo-yo'ing pogies off teh Squibber is still a good bet...