twenty five custom inboard

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Knotme

twenty five custom inboard

Post by Knotme »

I posted before about a 1969 25' Flybridge regarding repowers. It seems the learning curve goes way up when trying to find small I/O power for the 25. In my quest I discovered a 1966 25' flybridge that had been redone as a v-drive inboard. It has the tunnel and all. I got it for a steal with the Ford 460 out on a stand. The boat has glass tanks that were installed at the time of the conversion 1986. I am assuming I should cut them out and move on. However I have seen comments regarding keeping them as long as I am not running ethanol. The boat was rebuilt and owned/run by an actual marina owner. I know that could be bad or good, with the cobblers shoes and all. However considering the details in the conversion I feel it was good. Any thoughts on the tanks? George
scot

Re: twenty five custom inboard

Post by scot »

Check your fuel filters. If they are staying clean, why pull them? They may have been made from vinylester, in which case they are fine.

BTW, how does that single 460 inboard push the boat?
Pictures please :-)
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
farmer

Post by farmer »

I have a custom 25 single Chevy 383 inboard. A new100 gallon aluminum fuel tank was installed against transom and a custom cabinet type cover around it . Only sticks in from top cap about 12 inches.
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Pictures please.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

I was in Montauk this week and came across a nice restored 25 Flybridge inboard with a port of call of Hutchinson Island, Fl.

It was at the Gone Fishing Marina on East Lake Dr.----I took some pics which did not come out so good--but never figured out how to post.