Blige pump circuit breaker

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

pschauss

Blige pump circuit breaker

Post by pschauss »

My owner's manual says that it is located in the starboard engine compartment. I looked in there along the forward bulkhead near terminal block but I did not see anything obvious. Am I looking in the right place? My understanding is that the breaker for the pump was wired directly from one of the batteries and not through one of the master switches.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss
Water-Lou
1978 B31 SF (BERG 1727M781-314)
Tony Meola

Re: Blige pump circuit breaker

Post by Tony Meola »

That is the place mine was on our 1975 FBC. If I remember right there was block that held two cartridge fuses. One for the forward pump and one for the stern. I replaced them when I rewired and added a stand alone fuse for each one.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
pschauss

Post by pschauss »

Tony,

Thanks for that information. I will take another look. When I stopped to check the boat on my way to work this morning, I discovered an unlabeled push-pull switch above the circuit breaker panel which turns on the bilge pumps, overriding the float switches. So I have some level of comfort knowing that I can run them manually.

This weekend I will try to verify that the pumps have power when the battery is turned off and try to locate the breaker or fuse block in the starboard engine compartment.
Peter Schauss
Water-Lou
1978 B31 SF (BERG 1727M781-314)
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Tony Meola wrote:That is the place mine was on our 1975 FBC. If I remember right there was block that held two cartridge fuses. One for the forward pump and one for the stern. I replaced them when I rewired and added a stand alone fuse for each one.

Mine was on the port side, but the same setup. Gone now.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Peter

Mine had two 3 way switches right above the DC panel. The were on/off/Auto. I leave them on Auto all the time and test them by both lifting the float switch and turning them on manually. I also learned that when guests are on the boat, that are not regular boaters, especially little children, check the switches before leaving the boat.

Had a friends grandson turn them one of the pumps off on me, and we had a bad storm that night. Glad he did not turn off both of them.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315