31 fuel tank

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keepat

31 fuel tank

Post by Keepat »

Looking at a 1980 31 Bertram that still has its original fiberglass fuel tank. Danny at High tide has a fiberglass replacement that works with the ethanol fuel, anyone have
experience with this tank or do you know of a manufacturer for a replacement aluminum tank?
Thanks
JohnV8r

Re: 31 fuel tank

Post by JohnV8r »

I bought my aluminum tank from Atlantic Coast Fabricators and had it shipped to the West coast for less than half the quote I got for the new fiberglass tank. I also spec’d it to increase capacity to 267 gallons.

I couldn’t be happier with the finished result. Transaction was easy and I had the tank in about 2.5 weeks.

John@speedytanks.com is the email for the owner John Gallo.

Good luck!
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
Keepat

Post by Keepat »

JohnV8r wrote:I bought my aluminum tank from Atlantic Coast Fabricators and had it shipped to the West coast for less than half the quote I got for the new fiberglass tank. I also spec’d it to increase capacity to 267 gallons.

I couldn’t be happier with the finished result. Transaction was easy and I had the tank in about 2.5 weeks.

John@speedytanks.com is the email for the owner John Gallo.

Good luck!
John, Thank you for the info and the contact!
Pat
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Not sure how Danny specs out his fiberglass tank, but if it is only good for up to E10 then I would go aluminum. You never know what the feds will do since some of them are trying to push E15 or higher.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315