Referrals to Transport Double Bogie to Key West?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mizerita

Referrals to Transport Double Bogie to Key West?

Post by Mizerita »

Trying to get Double Bogie from Maine to Key West....or at least South Florida and then I can run her down from there. Anyone you guys would recommend? If you recall, Double Bogie has no Bimini / tower. We are shooting for a pick up date of May 16-May 18. Let me know if there are any recommendations.
cariedl

Re: Referrals to Transport Double Bogie to Key West?

Post by cariedl »

Try Gene and Move My Boat - 941.234.6096

He moved my Bertram from Long Island to Ohio. He regularly makes trips up and down the East Coast. Could be good timing as he is likely running boats North from FL for summer.

Good luck.
Mizerita

Post by Mizerita »

cariedl wrote:Try Gene and Move My Boat - 941.234.6096

He moved my Bertram from Long Island to Ohio. He regularly makes trips up and down the East Coast. Could be good timing as he is likely running boats North from FL for summer.

Good luck.
Thanks for the referral, I'll call him today.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I forget who I used from Michigan to S. FL. If I come across it, I'll post.

I removed my windscreen on the flybridge to make it slightly lower.
Also used collision wrap on the windows by the recommendation from Capt Pat.
Shrink wrap could tear at high speeds and flap and do more damage to the boat was the thought. Maybe they make it tougher nowadays.

The collision wrap is made to wrap cars and keep in place under high speeds.

I seem to recall wishing I had covered the whole freakin boat afterwards. The boat will get dirty, and bouncing around on a truck will shake some stuff loose. The wrap would help hold stuff in place and keep it clean. Remove anything that could shake loose or secure it really well.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Mizesetra
, I have used Barney Stolz at Skipper Shipper out of Jensen Beach Fl, he goes up and down the coast all the time His cell,is 1-772 225-1279 . Also try Marblehead Transportation Ron Wiswall or Ron LeBlanc I have used both, fully insured and been in business a long time both have low boy tractor trailer units Bridge clearance for a Fly Bridge Cruiser is 13' from top of windscreen to keel, you might want to remove the windscreen from the fly bridge brow it will reduce by 10". The auto wrap is the way to go keeps black diesel smoke off the boat and shrink wrap will shred above 60 MPH When I moved my boat a 31 Express from Salem to North Palm back in 1996 Ron had to stop in Wilmington NC during a hurricane shrink wrap was completely destroyed and the boat was full of sand it took a week to get all the sand out of the boat..
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

My Bahia (gas powered) came north on a triple axle trailer pulled by a dually pickup.
Bimini was down and well tied.
Everything in the cockpit was tied in place and the boat got through it OK.
I would lose the shrink wrap .... tie EVERYTHING in place ... wash it when I put it together in FL and run from wherever they splash you in.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Dug

Post by Dug »

Congratulations on your purchase! She’s pretty!
Tooeez

Post by Tooeez »

Lighthouse transport in Lindenhurst, NY moved my 28 from LI to Fl. with no issues. I took off the windscreen to keep it from breaking, and removed the props to provide a little more ground clearance. The road dirt the hull picked up was unbelievable--it took a week to clean the boat, so some kind of covering might be a good investment.
Fishin Tom
Location: Stuart, Florida and Holtz Boatworks, Southern New Jersey

Post by Fishin Tom »

Here is a tip for shipping--

Mix a HDuty slurry of boat soap with just enough water to thin slightly. Coat the entire boat with the slurry, Let it dry on the surfaces, when you get to destination wash and re wash just once for an ez protection.

ONLY WORKS IF NO RAIN IS ANTICIPATED DURING THE WEATHER WINDOW. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW RIG. LOOKS VERY GOOD. YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU NOW OWN.

Tom Oakes, Holtz Boatworks
Mizerita

Post by Mizerita »

Thanks for all of the tips guys...I've got a few quotes out there and should dial it in this week. Should have the new boat by mid May!