Fighting chair

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

David Davidson

Fighting chair

Post by David Davidson »

Hi,
I’m nearing completion of my total rebuild (90% done with 90% to go!) and am thinking about fitting a fighting chair.

I would be grateful for any thoughts on best size and type for a 31 cockpit. It’s not for serious big game, but for occasional fishing and more often probably for the wife and kids to lounge in!

There are NO chairs available or suppliers in UK, so I will be looking to import one. If anyone has one to sell, I’d be interested. I can refurbish if it’s seen better days. Can also make one if I can find enough parts.

Any advice?

David
David Davidson
1971 B31 FBC Hull no 315-1106
Dug

Re: Fighting chair

Post by Dug »

Dave,

I would look at Release Marine. Have a conversation with them about returned product. They make absolutely beatiful furniture for your boat.

Dug
SteveM

Re: Fighting chair

Post by SteveM »

I have a Release chair. Found it on Craigslist. It was from their first year in production. Smaller size. I believe they call it a Sailfish chair. The size is nice for the cockpit. And yes, it's beautiful.

I'm going to look for a different mounting system. I would like a plate on the deck that would allow me to remove the pedestal and have an open deck, or place a rocket launcher, etc.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman