UVI/CX & Port Eads

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

UVI/CX & Port Eads

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

CX sent me a bunch of promo give aways for the little tourney two weeks from tomorrow, so see ya there. Anyone that wants to come fish and bring a boat, let me know.

I spoke today with Buzzy Scarabin, the operator of Port Eads and he is reopening the place very shortly. The power co. assures him that power will be restored by the end of July - in the meantime he will operate on a generator. A number of folks are committed to move houseboats back in and/or build shore camps. Who knows, maybe UVI 8 might be at good ole PE.....

UV
randall

Post by randall »

that would be great.....saw a boat today named "painkiller"...if the owner only knew....
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Vic- Now thats nice news! Hope the tourney works out well. Both hips now working on the boat and hope to splash this week. Panama is just around the corner! Walter
Hal

Post by Hal »

Hot diggity damn, UV!

My only question is, how much power did you have to promise to buy to get them to string the lights to PE? Any chance at a late season get together?
I like crawfish and beer!
In Memory of Vicroy

Walter, glad to hear you are now fully bionic and gonna whip their ass in Panama......TSL fishing report last week: they T&R 405 sails. My son in law gave me a pair of sandals with bottle openers built in the soles, no kidding - open those Panama beers in the fighting chair with either foot.

Hal, yes, we will do something down there in late July or August. I have a hankering to catch some swordfish, and they are thick as flies off PE - the grounds are between the 200 and 300 fathom curves which is only about 12 miles off. Night fishing that time of year is pretty cool. Capt. Mike Holmes wants to do an article about it & me & him have been talking about a trip. The currents in mid-July to late August seem to peter out and there is usually no rip, so the daytime fishing for marlin is mostly fishing structure like the deep rigs. Its not unusual that time of year for the blue water (on the surface) to back out to 50+ miles, but just a few fathoms down its blue right up to the 6 mile oil rigs at the 100 fathom curve.

Anyway, the short answer is yep, lets do something.

UV
Hal

Post by Hal »

That's the best news I've heard in a while. And the swordfishing has been hot as hell over here as well. You know we got one last year about 246# during one of the tournaments. When she first came up high enough to see her in the thru hull lights I thought we had an insane blue or a giant tuna! She was a beautiful blue in the lights and I'd never caught one so big.

I look forward to seeing you and PE. Tiger's house fixed yet?
I like crawfish and beer!
Tom

Venice

Post by Tom »

UV, I'll be pulling into town around noon on Sunday for the week, Corrosion X and the Cajun Canyon's. I will be the Surgeon General's grosbeak for the week. "Get me a beer, where's my phone boy, I need some more Popeye's, and mostly-the left flat's weeded boy, hurry up!" Look forward to melting into Venice time once again. It's been too long.-Tom
Viva la Presidente!
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV, thats great news regarding PE...truly something to look forward to. Toemas, I am planning to head down to Venice on Sunday evening also. We can take turns bringing the SG cerveza, but you will have to clean the weeds....

Garry
Dug

Post by Dug »

Vic,

You got a pair of the reefs! Good for you! Only advice is to be careful where you walk before you want to open a cold one...

Geese and dogs can be the enemy of a clean, cold beer.

Now you may want to look at the new reef sandal that just came out. I was shown in Key West a few weeks ago.

They have a flask built into the sole...the Bobby Dram sandal.

http://www.reef.com/productdetail/guys/ ... ndals/2597

Too much...

Dug
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Anyway to work in a trip to the PropStop?....those folks seem to know how to party.

http://www.pbase.com/dadiloux/propstop_ferry_sinking

Rick

PS...UV, still watching the mailbox for the CX bill...can you just let me know the $$ and I'll send you a check?
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Now that there is funny ! I don't care who you are that's funny.

Larry the Cable guy.

Bet Bodreuax got fired for putting so many people on his boat.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
In Memory of Vicroy

No, it was part of the wet t-shirt contest. USCG used to monitor the taxi boats to make sure the drivers had a 6 pack license to drive them...maybe a 36 pack?

The Prop Stop, just 5 miles down the Tickfaw from our place, as da Judge says, abuses the privilege of being stupid.......on the other hand, being stupid is a lot of fun, most of the time. Yes, its the coonass way......

UV
kipp

Corrosion X

Post by kipp »

Uncle Vic,
Guess you may have heard about the ringer that'll be fishing on "Targeted Species" in the CX tuornament. With your rich and famous son on board, we are a shoe in for second. He might not know his place,but I do.
Faithfully,
Kipp
In Memory of Vicroy

Tell the sneaky little a-hole I'm changing my will....... We will be staying on Garry Jordan's old house boat (now fixed up) at the "T" of the B dock, come see us Monday afternoon. The Surgeon General will be on the 58 Bertram 'Miss Mary' - think they are talking about fishing Sunday and overnight offshore for swords. Heard a rumor they are bringing a member of Team Hyena too + High Pockets is gonna fish with them Sunday and Monday. I'll have the G-Man in tow.

UV