step down between the engine hatches

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

saburke17

step down between the engine hatches

Post by saburke17 »

Hey guys looking for some pics for how your step down looks, not much online just angle shots that don't show much. I need to rebuild mine and looking for some idea's
Marlin

Re: step down between the engine hatches

Post by Marlin »

I put a Capt pat battery box that holds 3 -2150 battery’s below that area, put hatch in to service them, covered the hinged hatch with teak decking. Text me if u wish 561-632-2392 and I will try to send u some images, can’t figure out how else to send images on this site, not that smart!
Stephan

Re: step down between the engine hatches

Post by Stephan »

I posted these pictures showing the supports for the deck between the engines in the battery thread http://bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13318
My boat has basically a box frame of aluminum tubing that bolts to the main bulkhead below the cabin door and the bulkhead aft of the engines. The box frame fits snugly between teak frames running between the bulkheads. There is L aluminum angle stock welded to the box frame to support a drop-in deck. The step itself is just a board supported by brackets mounted on the lower engine compartment covers. I just split the difference between the cockpit level and the level of the deck between the engines.
Hope this helps.
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur