Need Ideas: Wind Screen on Bridge

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

moguls2go

Need Ideas: Wind Screen on Bridge

Post by moguls2go »

The windshield on our flybridge looks nice, but doesn't do a thing in terms of deflecting wind. Our last boat had a bigger windshield, but I didn't care for the way it looked.

I'm looking for ideas to combine with a bimini top to get us through the next few seasons before budget allows us to do a hard top & 3-sided enclosure.

Has anyone installed (or seen) a good looking, effective windshield for the bridge?

Here's the old one for reference, which was really effective, but I didn't care for the look of it:

Max
longfin

Re: Need Ideas: Wind Screen on Bridge

Post by longfin »

I think it looks great. I have the factory windscreen that does nothing but deflect the wind and spray right at my face ! Other than having a reverse Venturi which I think looks awful you have very few choices. Your existing windscreen might not be sexy but I would sure trade with you in a second in a head sea / head wind condition.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

longfin wrote:I think it looks great. I have the factory windscreen that does nothing but deflect the wind and spray right at my face ! Other than having a reverse Venturi which I think looks awful you have very few choices. Your existing windscreen might not be sexy but I would sure trade with you in a second in a head sea / head wind condition.
You just need to learn to duck faster so only your back gets wet. LOL

I got pretty good at ducking on those long rides to and from the Hudson when I was much younger.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Or, install the negative sloping 28 fairing. Beauty and practicality on an otherwise dry son of a boat !!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"