Save my Sole..

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Stephan

Save my Sole..

Post by Stephan »

Friends-
Continuing to demonstrate that my priorities are out of order I'm working on cleaning up some cabin items.
The cabin sole on Axe is the original Bertram white/black vinyl with aluminum edge molding. I have read about and lusted after the Amtico simulated teak/holley some of you have installed. I also understand that some of you have had to purchase much more than your projects required. Do any of you have surplus material I could buy and please share any suggestions for this project.
I am also building a table for the settee. Any recommendation for or against getting the original hardware to secure it to the cabin wall?
Many thanks in advance-
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Tony Meola

Re: Save my Sole..

Post by Tony Meola »

Stephan

As far as the table hardware, I doubt you will find new original, but any good boating supply can get you the hardware to support the table.

To tell you the truth I was never a fan of how the leg on mine locked in place. Otherwise the old set up worked fine.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Thanks Tony-
I think I spied some brackets at High Tide Marine and am waiting for them to reopen after Irma.
How would you advise me to do the table?
Kind regards,
Stephan
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Stephan

Not sure the old Photobucket pictures pop up. I can not see them, but if you use the search function and put in Dinette you will find various posts that should have pictures.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Thanks Tony I had not thought to use Dinette as a keyword and that was very useful. Unfortunately Photobucket strikes hard here.
It the original Bertram type white/black vinyl available anywhere?
Best,
S
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

The decking material is known as Nautilex and I believe still sold by places like West Marine. Just no longer in stores. Probably online. You will need to order the glue also.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Stephan,
I saw the Nautalex material in Boat Owners Warehouse in Riviera Beach a few years ago. Lewis marine has it also. Make sure you use the cement that is sold along with the material. Nautalex is basically canvas with a vinyl impregnated into the top of the canvas, comes in White and black and teak and holly and one other color which I can't remember what it is. Taco marine sells the stainless steel trim which has a 1/4" lip and a 3/4" side. I used the Taco trim when I redid my cabin sole with fiberglass non skid panels that I made up when I was building the Legend 34 back in the early 2000's .
Used raised diamond pattern that could be filed if you got a ding in it.
I don't know if my old 31 Express made it thru Irma and Maria it was in the US Virgin Islands either St John or St Thomas.

Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Stephan how many sq ft do you need? I have some Karndean which is superior to Amtico in my opinion.
http://www.karndean.com/en/floors
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Mark-
I believe I need a 3'x3.5' patch for the settee and a 3'x6.5' stretch for the center of the cabin ~30 sq. feet?
Stephan
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Sorry for the late reply let me see what I have laying around and I'll get back to you.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Mark-
Sorry? Not here...
Thanks for the consideration. What's the stuff look like?
Best,
Stephan
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Again I have been up to my elbows in alligators and have been to the warehouse but not looked for the LVP. It was teak and holly and had some linear footage of scroll that matched. I promise I will look soon. I have a sinking feeling it was short of 20 ft though.

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Stephan I finally took a look today. I have 3 boxes of a Amtico product called wild Hickory. It leans a bit toward teak but a bit browner. PM me your email and I’ll send you some pics. There is 27 ft in a box if you like it you get all 3. Send Bruce a site donation of course in exchange. We can discuss details if you like the color. Shippings on me for a sandbox brother.

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Mark-
Thank you for the consideration.
Stephan