Bertram 20 - Police Boat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ryan Pinder

Bertram 20 - Police Boat

Post by Ryan Pinder »

Good morning,

I just purchased a 1968 Bertram 20 Moppie. The Moppie has a search light on the bow and the Navigation lights are blue and red, not green and red. I was wondering if this could have originally ben build as a police boat? I am advised the the single owner before who I purchased the boat from was a pilot in Illinois, but I guess who really knows. Has anyone heard of a Bertram 20 Moppie police boat?
buzzk

Re: Bertram 20 - Police Boat

Post by buzzk »

Are sure your blue light didn't start off as a green light. I would bet that over time your green light turned blue from the sun and just plain old age. I owned a 25 that the green light got a blueish tint to it.
Carl

Post by Carl »

I am pretty sure even Police boats run standard running light colors...now if you said a twirling blue and red globe with a siren and big Police decals on the side...that would lead me to a maybe.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I've seen numerous brand boats used as patrol boats for water front communities.
But according to rules of the road it would have to have standard red/grn running lights. The blue law enforcement lights would have been added.

I too have seen the green light lenses turn to a blueish color with UV exposure. I have a 31 bow chock and lights sitting on my desk that that has happened to.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

The green on my 31 are now more blue than green. That is a lens that is 40 years old. I would replace it if there was one available.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Tony,

I was in Ace hardware a while back and they had green see-through paint roller trays. I just cut a piece off of it and placed it inside the lens on my bow chock. Worked perfectly.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Joseph Fikentscher wrote:Tony,

I was in Ace hardware a while back and they had green see-through paint roller trays. I just cut a piece off of it and placed it inside the lens on my bow chock. Worked perfectly.
Joe

Thanks have to look for one of those.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tony i have one of those green trays and will be working on the 38 bertram next tuesday in new jersey at highlands marina. i don`t know how far aay you are from this marina but it a real easy ride from jersey turnpike on rt. 36 .you could take photo`s of the best bridge ever built on a 38 bertram. captain patick designed and built this work of art with pod and single lever controls with a panoromic dash board for electronic displays sorry to get off subject but he was the man.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Next Tuesday meaning the 3rd or the following week which I think is the 12.

It is about an hour and twenty minutes. About an hour to get off at exit 117 on the parkway then figure about 20 minutes in.

I am going to check the local Ace this week.

I just blew a trans cooler so I am also waiting for the part to come in.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315