Anyone heard from John Cranston in Texas?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Anyone heard from John Cranston in Texas?

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
Has anyone been in contact with John Cranston his home is in Spring Texas (Heavy Rain) and keeps the boat in Freeport. Both areas got hit hard with rain and Freeport/Rockport got hammered by wind. A video that was posted showed a couple of 31's that seemed to be intact while everything around them was destroyed. One of the 31's looks like the last boat that Capt redid just before he passed away. Didn't one of our members (Mike?) live in Rockport, he lost his 31 i a hurricane a while back, Black Sheep was the name of his 31 Express that was wrecked then.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Rawleigh

Re: Anyone heard from John Cranston in Texas?

Post by Rawleigh »

Also don't forget Scot and Ernest (Hyena Love)
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Pete,
Patrick's last 31 sold and now lives in NC and was at the June get together.
Scot I believe has a 25 and is down in that area.
Not sure if Mike Holmes is still running a boat> Just last week I found his web site which seems more about hunting. He was looking at selling his licenses a while back.

All of our Texas faithful are in our thoughts and prayers.

If anyone wants to donate to help out, do so thru Salvation Army, and designate for Texas relief.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I spoke with Stange, who spoke with Cranston a day or two ago. All was well then......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Great to talk to you today Mike! Yes John and Pam are good as well I spoke with Danny McKinney a few days back and said all was well too. I had not heard from John for a few days so I lit him up again after I spoke with Mike and he returned my call saying he was high and dry and the house in Freeport saw about 4 ft of tidal surge which didn't even breach the sea wall so at least those of the faithfull I contacted are doing well! Prayers to the rest, its a mess down there.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I heard from my friend today in Houston, (not a boat owner) he is nervous, afraid if they open the dams his house is in trouble.

Amazing amount of rain, as if the wind and storm surge were not enough.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote:I heard from my friend today in Houston, (not a boat owner) he is nervous, afraid if they open the dams his house is in trouble.

Amazing amount of rain, as if the wind and storm surge were not enough.

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't.

Opening those gates if going to be a tough call...

hopefully water starts to recede enough that opening will not cause additional damage.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I posted a little below, John and Pam are doing well.

Mike Holmes lost Black Sheep back in Ike in 2008. He's still down in this area but I don't think he does much offshore since Ike took Black Sheep. Black Sheep had a hole below the waterline and went down, I think she went to the insurance company. I did see her in Kemah up on stands a few years later being reworked, so hopefully someone brought her back to life.

Pete, Rockport is about 120 miles down the coast from us in Freeport. The eye went across in Rockport. I have some friends there and their house got smoked. Total loss. We (Houston/ Freeport) are 120 miles north east of Rockport and Harvey gave us a good ass kicking too. Crazy storm.