Need new 31 corner windows

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Quinn

Need new 31 corner windows

Post by Quinn »

I have smoked acrylic corner front windows in my 31 and I want to switch out to clear corner windows and peel the tint off the flat glass windows.

Can anyone put me in touch with a source to buy clear corner windows?

And if anyone is interested in good used smoked corner windows, I'll be selling these once I can find clear ones .
ranjr13

Re: Need new 31 corner windows

Post by ranjr13 »

We used http://www.multifab.com/ this winter to make a set of corners and new flats for our 31. They need to copy to be 100% sure of fit, which would involve shipping yours then their shipping new stuff. However, they are holding my old corners in case anything went wrong with our installation and needed either side re-done. If you call David there, they might be able to use ours as patterns. Ours are the cabin windows off a 1964 Soft Top Express, but if you're looking for cabin windows I believe they would be the same. We did ours in smoke, and they came out better than I'd hoped. Best of luck.

Bob Norton Jr.
"Dalmatian - Essex, CT"
1964 Bertram 31 Soft Top Express
Quinn

Post by Quinn »

Thanks for the lead. I saw your thread on your window replacement but didn't see a source with a link. This helps tremendously, all other parts I need I know where to source but not these windows.

Best of luck with your ongoing upgrades.

Quinn
Amberjack

Post by Amberjack »

Quinn--

You're somewhat in my neck of the woods. I used Keltech Plastics in Tacoma, WA (800-535-8324) for the replacement corner windows in my B31 several years ago and they did an excellent job for a reasonable price. They will need the current windows to use as a pattern.
Doug Pratt
Bertram 31 Amberjack
FBC hull #315-820
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Be careful using someone else's pattern. Some of the curved windows were slightly different in size. Why who knows, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
John F.

Post by John F. »

Tony Meola wrote:Be careful using someone else's pattern. Some of the curved windows were slightly different in size. Why who knows, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
What Tony said. B31s aren't all identical, and the measurements for a window for one may be a little off for another. I used a local place, and brought my old, crazed front curved windows in to them and had them make new ones. If the new ones are off by even a little, they won't fit right. I wanted a local place for that reason. As I remember (and I could be wrong), I had them make new front flat windows at the same time. They used one side as the template for both. One side turned out to be 3/16 or so different in one dimension than the other, and that window had to be redone. Good luck.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J