emotional day in NJ.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

emotional day in NJ.

Post by bob lico »

i went to the NJ marina to resume restoration of 38' Bertram for a couple of days.removed existing electronics and started to install new electronics could not reach back wall of Captains Patrick`s beautiful contoured bridge console with his single lever controls on pod so i had to slide thru port side lower door then turn around to face bottom of pod and electronic display wall of console .the captain had sketch diagrams and dimentions and notes i guess for assembly purposes. what can say i just sat there will many memories spinning around in my head ----------just sharing a emotional moment for a great human and good friend.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Catalina31

Re: emotional day in NJ.

Post by Catalina31 »

Bob, I can only imagine the feeling. Its awesome that your bringing one of the Captain's masterpieces back to life, his attention to detail is definitely unmatched. We look forward to seeing the project as it progresses and caries on his legacy.
-Brian
Brian Vanderspek
B38 Off Hand BERL1215M82
Sold B31 Fun 'N' Games 315-174-1285
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

His attention to detail was second to none. Who else would leave a sketch behind for the next guy to use.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

This story brought a smile to my face !!
Is the 38 for you or a work project for someone else ?
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Carl

Post by Carl »

Gone, but not forgotten...

Always a double edge sword when to stumble upon something that vividly brings those memories back life.
Followed by the reality of the loss.

I have a post from Captain Patrick dated June of 07 stapled to the wall in front of my desk here at the shop. It is a simple reply to a bonding question I was always confused about.
Simple, clear, concise answer that finally made sense to me. I left it there as every so often somebody will ask me, I get it right but when they take you on their confused journey several times around, I now pull post off the wall, copy and hand to them.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

looking underneath this custom bridge there is a three sided console sort of a wrap around at 120 degree angles with a three 14" display capacity. these are compound angles about 18 degree backward and 120 degrees side to side like a jet aircraft dashboard that sort of wraps around pilot /co- pilot. you cannot get a human hair in the miters looking from inside and perfect Gel-cote on outside . there is also a "rybovich" style single lever pod that intersects with center of console.john i just work on it to help out a friend ,cannot go with partnership in NJ. to much driving.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473