BOATFIX.COM

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

clay

BOATFIX.COM

Post by clay »

Just a word of warning to the online buyers:

http://www.boatfix.com/

I ordered a 1 3/8 inch shaft coupler on 2/12/07 called them many times after the first 30 days only to get an answering machine with message that if I needed help I could get it on line. On line I would type in my order number and get the same message "Incorrect Order Number" I sent three faxes with copies of my order and still no response. I had to resort to the old endless fax to get someone’s attention (instructions for endless fax are as follows):

Make 4 copies of order confirmation with WHERE THE HELL IS MY SHAFT COUPLER written in bold at the top of each page, tape the copies end to end to make a 4 foot long page, dial fax number as first sheet emerges from the fax quickly tape it to the last sheet, sit down watch the pages go round and round for about 1/2 an hour then cut the tape and end the fax.

It takes about 1/2 hour to use up all the paper most fax machines have in storage or fill the memory full. Repeat this process every day until you get some sort of response in my case it only took 3 days. I received an e-mail message that my order was being filled and would ship soon and that there was something wrong with my fax because it kept sending the same sheet over and over.

I received my shaft coupler today 5/1/07 it is not the split coupler I purchased, it is the cheap solid double set screw type that every prop repair shop in the country cusses about and on top of that it looks to be a freshly painted "used" one. The key slot is mauled on one end and there are hammer divots where some one beat it off a shaft.

Clay
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Hmmmm. Maybe a few of us should punish them. Walter
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

Clay,

Thanks for the info. I've never bought from them, but I will delete them from my favorites.
Jim
1975 28 FBC
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Nice trick!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31