1970 Bahia Mar on Ebay

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

palomine

1970 Bahia Mar on Ebay

Post by palomine »

For anyone that is interested there is a boat on eBay. A 1970 Bahia Mar. Bidding ends May 7, 2007.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The rule of thumb is the distance between the rear of the strut cutless bearing and the front hub of the prop should not exceed one shaft diameter.....that ebay 31 Bahia must have a foot & a half....never seen that much shaft hanging out of a strut. The rudders ain't Patrick's, but they got the surface area of a barn door.....gonna be ugly when the shaft breaks at the strut and whacks them.

On another note, I see on the TSL site they are looking for a new management couple, guess the Africans decided to leave......now is your chance guys....move to paradise and manage 100 natives and 15 B31s....if I were a helluva lot younger.......www.tropicstar.com .....see the new link on the home page.

UV
randall

Post by randall »

vic...thats kind of surprising...they were building a house on the open ocean beach i went to with achilles in the panga......my guess is school worries..................really nice folks.........hope the new guy surfs
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Looks like the shaft is not connected to the trans and it simply slid down the strut you can see the wear from the cutlass bearing.....
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Harv

Post by Harv »

Looks like the shaft is not connected to the trans and it simply slid down the strut you can see the wear from the cutlass bearing.....
I have to agree, the ad says ...motors ready to be installed. I think he will need to do some more modifications on the rudders. I have similar rudders on Windstar and the trailing top corner had to be trimmed away to clear the hull on hard over turns.
Harv
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

i am pretty sure that is the boat sitting at davidsons--this is the second time it is listed. although the boat is apart , the pieces are all there and it has been indoors for 15 or 20 years .

it looks like a good project boat for someone. i think it has a new tank and decks not installed.