Ready for summer (I think).

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chiles

Ready for summer (I think).

Post by Chiles »

Well, my warranty covered for two new manifolds and risers where one of the original riser to manifold joints developed a leak and let a little water get into a rotor. it seems to not have caused any issues since I think I caught it as soon as it happened and was able to start it up and flood it with fogging oil.

The STB manifold was a royal pain to do. Only four bolts and two hoses but deep in the bildge of the B26.

On another note, my dumb a$$ left the backup bilge pump turned off. When the primary battery died, the backup pump running off the two house batteries never came on. Add the fact that someone let a plastic bottle top get stuck in my ball scuppers... well, the bilge was so full that the lift operator could barely get my boat off the rack. It was put in inside storage for the winter, so this was just from the rain since April 1. I'm glad I did not wait another week to go and visit her.

Now, the batteries are fully charged, bilge pumps are on and both engines started with ease. I'm having her detailed in two weeks so she will look pretty for ad pictures. Yep, I'm thinking about selling her. I've still got another 6 months or so left on the warranty so now may be the time to let her go to someone who can use her a little more often.

Chiles

Chiles
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Read the bottom of your post first, thought you were talking about the g-friend. hahahahahaha

"Yep, I'm thinking about selling her. I've still got another 6 months or so left on the warranty so now may be the time to let her go to someone who can use her a little more often. "
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Thudddd,
Nah, the girlfriend dropped me first. So here I go into the summer with a working boat and just need to find a willing date. I would say my odds are not that bad.

Chiles
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Wasn't aware of it, see what happens when you don't keep me on your "5" .
Starting to plan a bird trip in the fall, you up?
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Yeah, well this is rather recent. I can't make up my mind on buying a ring or what ever. I'm going to miss her for sure. On the other hand, my calender is wide open for shooting things with fur or feathers.

Chiles
The eternal bachelor
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

If you need some help with the, ring no ring delima, then I'm the guy you should call..................Or the Proff
Harv

Post by Harv »

If you need some help with the, ring no ring delima, then I'm the guy you should call..................Or the Proff
Or me, just celebrated 15 years, ......no ring!
Harv