Keep on topic

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Keep on topic

Post by Bruce »

This general discusion forum is for boating related stuff. Let's keep it that way, please.

The political forum can be used for everything else.

If I delete posts from this forum for violation please do not pm me for an explaination. I will not answer. Do not call me out on the board about it or a VACATION will be given.

Nothing personal.

Thanks.
Dug

Re: Keep on topic

Post by Dug »

Two thumbs up!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

As usual I missed it. But Bruce is correct. Staying on point is what always put this site above others.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Nothing way out there Tony, but after a very hectic fall season, I'm able to spend more time and be involved more on the board. This is an awesome group of self governing people and a hands off policy is still what we want.

This board has been and always will be about Pat and his love of the 31 till they shut the lights off. We all need to unload at times and that's why Pat did the political section.

Don't mind the occasional post in general about staring out the window at a snow storm and feeling like spring will never get here so one of the southern clan can interject a fishing or boating post to lift spirits.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bruce

That being said and seeing the post on donations, it is 2017 and if we need to start the old fund raiser, please let us know how you want to proceed.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Trying to finish up Financials including setting up a PayPal that takes cc to make it as easy as possible on everyone.
neil

Post by neil »

Bruce I was just thinking about donations today, I have always donated in person when we would get together with capt pat at the rendezvous, my family and I thank you for doing all that you have done, we have become very good friends with a bunch of the faithful over the years send me a pm with your address and I will be happy to send our yearly donation thanks again for stepping up to the plate Neil and family
Carl

Post by Carl »

Ut-oh...going off topic on the "Keep on Topic" post, sorry. But...

CC and PayPal is preferable to me and I think will make it ez-er for many, thanks for going that route....but till it's done, I'd gladly send an old fashioned check now to help keep the lights on.
If corp isn't yet established, I can make out to you, it's all the same difference to me.
Last edited by Carl on Feb 22nd, '17, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Appreciate it gentlemen, but no need for immediate fund raiser. Hopefully some time mid to end of March.

Thanks to everyone.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

For the record it was I who posted a link to a web article which I submitted under the "You can't make this stuff up" heading I topic I post under occasionally. The subject of the post need not be mentioned here, but upon reconsideration I accept that it was inappropriate for this forum. What I considered humorous at the time I now accept that it had no business here. I have no way of knowing how many of you saw it before it was properly deleted,m but to those of you who did see it and were offended I sincerely apologize.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Frank,
Nothing to apologize for. It wasn't content but more non boating, mechanical stuff in the general section. You can repost in political if you like. I would have moved but that's still one feature to be fixed.

It's all good.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Bruce

Thank you.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!