Zero Cavity's first sea trial

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Zero Cavity's first sea trial

Post by Bruce »

I would like to start off by saying Gerry has got himself one pretty 31.
A 31 on the water never fails to turn heads. Like driving around in a 63' split window Vette.

Missed not having Pat along for another sea trial but Pete filled in nicely.
Always nice to have experienced people on board. Makes my job on the initial sea trial that much easier. Thanks Pete.

32.9 knots wot. Rpm a little light. Yanmar 6LP's.

Some glitches in the Teleflex system that need to be addressed along with other stuff but all in all she ran good and smooth despite the 1/2" line and diver I picked up somewhere.

After a much needed vacation in Ocean City, the tweaking begins.

A side note to those installing the electronic systems. Do yourself a favor and before all the cables are run, make sure the pins are pushed all the way in place.
I've had a 70% failure rate on first time power up attributed to this problem.
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

Gerry,

Any pictures of her?

Glad to hear that it's finally coming together.

Ian.
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Thanks for making me smile, Bruce.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Congrats Gerry and Bruce.................love to see pics man......
Jack

Bruce - you need to read the news

Post by Jack »

Our current governor is still in the hospital recovering from injuries suffered in a car accident. Went off the road at over 90mph on the parkway. Of course he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Our politicians are so bad they even screw up good jokes.
unabashed hyena lover
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

would like to know some additional details of the repower--prop size, gear reduction, shaft size, weight or equipment level of the boat--i am trying to keep track of all repowers for future reference ---
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

bruce,

where are you located? i fly into west palm on occasion, would love to visit.
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Super Bruce. I was sure keeping my fingers crossed for Gerry! I can't wait to see another pristine 31. Makes me want to hide but I like fishing too much.
Gerry, Are you going to pick it up on the east coast and sail her to Duck Key? I'll be on VHF and SSB all the way down. I got 4 guys now that are coming along as crew. One in his truck maybe so we'll have land transportation.
Took the Can Do It out Saturday and stayed overnight while awaking with 6 footers. Despite the seas we caught 6 huge Scamps( 1 @ 40"), 1 Gag Grouper , 1 Red Grouper . Smallest Grouper was 24". Mess of mango's too. I found out the hard way you can't try to use an anchor without a swivel. First time out since mid December and it sure felt great.
Dave K
Keep Fishing...