Max Wax

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

sandygold

Max Wax

Post by sandygold »

A while ago there were some posts regarding the use of Max Wax, but I have forgotten what it was recommended for. If anyone remembers the uses of this product, please post.
Thanks
Sandy
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Sandy - Max Wax is a product sold by CX (made by another company but labeled by CX) that is a waxy coating for hard to protect stuff like cast iron rudder flange bearings, shaft couplings, etc. The coating is soft enough to flow back together and "self heal" if scratched. CX says one of their biggest customers - the Port of Auckland, NZ - discovered that if put on underwater running gear it will prevent fouling. This technique requires about a 6 mil coating that is allowed to cure 12-18 hours out of the elements. I've put it on the prop of a small outboard and it seems to stick, but the boat is on a lift and in fresh water, so anti fouling is not a real issue. None of the Faithful have reported results in real life yet.

Its a good product for protecting stuff you would otherwise coat with grease, and I've been real satisfied with it on my rudder flange bearings that used to rust if you spit on 'em.

UV
chris pague

max wax

Post by chris pague »

UV Sandy; The test will be on. Coated the running gear etc and will spash Digger this week end. Report do soon.
Chris