Busybody neighbors...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Re: Busybody neighbors...

Post by Carl »

Might be more then a hobby shop.
Although, I am sure he will not have any bills filed or show checks cleared for automotive work.

I also have had "neighbors play" with their cars late into the night, early mornings..."friends with cars" came around honking horn to see if they were home. Numerous "test drives" to check performance.
When neighbor, who was a mechanic working for someone during the day, finally went out on his own starting his own business, leased a building...all those "friends" went away.
I wasn't pleased with his "hobby" but he was trying to get himself started...bankroll some cash, build a customer base so we dealt with it for awhile. If it was a daily activity, all day, every day with no end in sight and the guy wasn't a nice hard working person trying to get a leg up and tried to be considerate...maybe things would have been different.
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

I have the best neighbors in the world! Those two busy bodies need to get a life!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Carl wrote:Might be more then a hobby shop.
"Might be" is not legal proof of anything...
Carl wrote:Although, I am sure he will not have any bills filed or show checks cleared for automotive work.
Just a few of his "friends" testifying under oath would sink him...
Carl wrote:I also have had "neighbors play" with their cars late into the night, early mornings..."friends with cars" came around honking horn to see if they were home. Numerous "test drives" to check performance.
That hasn't been the case here... If these busybody neighbors had a real complaint they wouldn't be grasping at straws (as in trying to prove code violations when the people in charge of enforcing the codes say everything is legal)...
Carl

Post by Carl »

Don't get me wrong...the guy seems to be doing little that should be bothering these ladies. They should be keeping their nose in their business and out of his.
I agree, if they caught something on video showing him or his "friends" doing something reckless and illegal they would be waiving it around offering it up for all to see.

...and if he was doing a little business...its is still none of their damn business.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Did I see this right? It looks like the man has no legs and his shop is handicap accessible.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

PeterPalmieri wrote:Did I see this right? It looks like the man has no legs and his shop is handicap accessible.
Yep... That's one reason why his garage needs to be with a larger area then other 4 car garages...