Shout out to the Boston crowd

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Amberjack

Shout out to the Boston crowd

Post by Amberjack »

Hello All in Boston—

I’ll be in town during Head of the Charles week and have the day off Friday October 21. Can anyone to suggest something maritime to do around Boston? Or if any of you have a boat project going that day I’d be happy to lend a hand as long as it's somewhere near the “T”.

I was born in Boston (a long time ago) so the tourist things don’t interest me and I’d really rather run a sander than sit in a hotel room all day so if you need a hand let me know.
Doug Pratt
Bertram 31 Amberjack
FBC hull #315-820
Dug

Re: Shout out to the Boston crowd

Post by Dug »

Hey Doug,

Sorry I just saw this! Ya know, I would recommend the aquarium. Its pretty cool. Maybe you can get a ride on public transportation up to Salem or further yet to Gloucester and wander around. They are great areas, both of them.

I am about 45 min west of Boston, with no maritime anything in central MA. Beyond that, not so sure, and I am hoping others will chime in!

Enjoy the trip! And come to the races on Saturday!!!! I'll be at the National Rowing Foundation/Olympians tent in the afternoon.

D
Amberjack

Post by Amberjack »

Thanks Dug I've been thinking about visiting Gloucester! I'm a wharf rat and Gloucester is still a working seaport so that may be the ticket. Like everyone up in the Pacific NW I did some commercial fishing when I was in college and Amberjack is endorsed for fishing & coastwise so I still haven't gotten it out of my system.

I will be at the races Saturday to watch my wife row seven oar in a women's masters 8 which has an outside chance of winning their division. If I can access the NRF/Olympians tent without a pass I'll look you up and introduce myself.
Doug Pratt
Bertram 31 Amberjack
FBC hull #315-820
Dug

Post by Dug »

That's terrific! What time is her race? And what club is she rowing for? Head of the Charles is a very unique race, with I think 10,500 competitors racing over two days. Its simply awesome. It would be great to meet you! The tent will be across the river from the Nichols boat house I believe.

Travel safe and I hope your wife has the race of her life!!!!

Best,

Dug