Eiremar Repower Progress - Struts, Shafts & Shaft Logs

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Vince Luciani

Eiremar Repower Progress - Struts, Shafts & Shaft Logs

Post by Vince Luciani »

I installed my new struts, shafts and shaft logs over the weekend. Everything seemed to go well. A few more layers of glass on the logs and I think I will have it. I epoxied the fiberglass sheet material to the hull to reinforce the strut area. That stuff looks real strong. I plan to glass the edges.

I couldn’t use my old struts because one had a cracked barrel and the other had a little electrolysis. I obtained my new struts from Proper Pitch located in Selbyville, DE. They were able to track down the original manufacturer of the Bertram struts (someone in Michigan?). The new struts were an exact match to my old ones. Also, they are not as “beefy” as the ones from High Tide, but they are less expensive ($700 each including cutlass bearing). Not bad given the current price for bronze.

My seacocks and intake hoses were all dry fit over the weekend, so they are ready to go. My custom risers are almost complete. Assuming all goes well with those, I might be able to start the exhaust installation next week.

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Looking good! Can you find out the name and contact info on the Strut manufacturer?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Sure thing. I'll call the prop shop tomorrow.