Motorcycle shippers?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Motorcycle shippers?

Post by John F. »

I'm buying a couple of older bikes from a guy near Atlanta. I'm going to drive down and get them if I have to, but was wondering if anybody knew a reliable motorcycle shipper? The bikes are near Atlanta and need to get shipped to Annapolis. Thanks
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Navatech

Re: Motorcycle shippers?

Post by Navatech »

Have you thought about www.uship.com?!...

Just make sure they have insurance...
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Be very careful with Uship. they are a booking service and do nothing to vet their haulers. I bought a boat, booked freight through Uship, the hauler picked it up and has never delivered it and Uship says it is not their problem.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Rocket wrote:Be very careful with Uship. they are a booking service and do nothing to vet their haulers. I bought a boat, booked freight through Uship, the hauler picked it up and has never delivered it and Uship says it is not their problem.
WOW... Where's the boat now?!... I would have thought this warranted a trip to the local FBI office (interstate business)...
John F.

Post by John F. »

I'm getting bids through uship now. Some of the bidders have a lot of feedback so I thought I'd be ok. Rocket- did your shipper have a lot of feedback? I'm really starting to wonder after reading your post what I should do. Thanks
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Mine had 7 feedback comments. I have also used Uship and had a good experience, so it is the shipper, not the site. I would make sure any deposit is small, that you do not pay until the goods arrive, and I would consider insuring the cargo.
Waytooslow

Post by Waytooslow »

What kind of bikes and where just outside Atlanta? I am just outside of Atlanta and have been on the dirtbike side of riding a long time. Long shot but might know of your seller. Also you could ask Frank Mole transportation about backhauling on an empty run. That guy just brought my b-25 from Maine to Atlanta and he was great and affordable. Todd
1963 B-25 Project (in process)
Atl. GA
ford351c594

Post by ford351c594 »

I have also used Uship for a few of my classic cars. Has worked out well. I actually had my Ford Think shipped via Uship about a year ago with no issues. Very cheap and the guy fit it in the back of a Dodge sprinter. LOL
Ryan Randall
73 B28 flybridge
"smart people learn from their mistakes, the smartest people learn from others and their mistakes"
1962 31

Post by 1962 31 »

if you use uship make sure your dealing with the hauler not a broker they suck!!!!!!!!!
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks for all the advice. Based on the advice, I'm only considering bids from actual haulers (not brokers) with lots of current, positive feedback.