Mikey - ZF 220A gear lever positon

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Mikey - ZF 220A gear lever positon

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Mikey - looked at mine today, here is how it works:

PORT GEAR, looking from the top. In neutral, the lever end is pointing to the stern, in forward, it is pointing to the port side, away from the prop shaft.

STB. GEAR, in neutral, pointing at the stern, in forward, pointing at the stb. side, toward the prop shaft.

Nice short weekend on the Tickfaw....80s and not too humid. Big party at the camp last nite, I did marinated shish-ka-bobs......pies, italian cheese bread, it was good.

Today me & the Bride took AJ, all cleaned up, for a hi speed ride down to the Prop Stop that just opened for the summer. Got a good parking place, had a few Worm Buckets (rum drink) and Swamp Burgers, listened to coonass & Buffet music. As we are pulling out, lo & behold who comes by, but Andre' & crew with da Judge in tow....flew his Mooney over from TX.....two B31s stunning the crowd.....they invited us to a dove roast at Andre's house tonite, so we came home early.

Ran AJ on the pegs for a while, she liked that, 27 kts, cruise still about 24.5....sure feels good on the step.

All is well in coonassland.....

UV
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Well, I didn't have that much fun but a fine time never the less. The Irish Wake is the only boat in the water at the Club so I can stand anywhere on the dock and admire a beauty. Soo pretty in the noon day sun.

Summertime is coming to New York. Temp @ 65 and climbing. Visibility - all the way South to the Mason- Dixon.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Vic, Thanks, heaps. That's exactly what I needed. Hook them up and one more task is in the can. Looks like we'll plop Dreamsicle in the creek in the next two weeks, fill the fuel tank, and establish a water line. Then it's back to the shed for the next couple of months to finish the job. Things are starting to look like this might actually be a boat and not an endless project.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Likewise, sorry we missed you. We didn't realize the Prop Stop was open yet and had planned to go over to Morton's....forecast was for light winds but it was blowing pretty good, so was glad to see the PS open. See ya next time, and yaeh, the bubble boats were everywhere, most I've seen in years.

Gave AJ a real good bath that morning, even did the Strataglass....looks pretty good for a 35 year old boat.

UV
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Vic: We just missed you Saturday. We left Madisonville about 2:00 and got hung up at the Manchac train bridge. Stopped and talked to Andre's son by the Prop Stop and he said you guys had just left. Passed by your place and saw your car was gone. AJ sure was shinin'. Had a wild ride Sunday going back. East wind gusting to 25. There was a group of bubble boats that lined up behind me in Maurepas letting me bust the waves for them. When we got into Ponchartrain, they fell back and finally disappeared. Saw one of the guys later who said they went back to Manchac and tied their boats up by Middendorfs. Too rough. It was hard not saying they need to trade those bubble boats for Bertrams. Anyway, sorry we missed the Bertram Floatilla.

Eddy G.