long time

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

luis

long time

Post by luis »

Beeing away for a certain time doesnt mean that I forgot all the good friends I have here.
Now with time and space many things are rolling like rebuilding my small Kubota, prepare to paint the week end boat, doing small stuff on the B31 and I also need to replace the water pump on my Dodge. So...is this retirement ? well is it is then what about days on a beach with a nice lady serving drinks ? maybe on another life. but I enjoy the peace of mind living out of the big city. next neighbor is at 500 mts so noise and traffic jams and whatever here dont exist and I like it.
I go to try to send 2 pictures but I think I just dont remember how, ok if its only the talking its nice too

All the best for all you my friends and companions on this boat things (sorry, Bertram 31 things)

Keep safe and wealthy

Luis
https://pt.pinterest.com/pin/436356651379174993/
https://pt.pinterest.com/pin/436356651379174841/

I just edit this post cause I didnt know until I read a post from Bruce and with extreme sadness I become aware that Capt Pat passed away. He was the guy that inspire me to keep the B31 instead of trying to sell to buy a"modern" "plastic" boat. I have done all with notes I made during these years of rebuilding notes that I grab from him and others that share ideas and projects. I feel in my hearth that if this site keep alive then Capt Pat will be here also as well like other good friends that are already gone.
Rest in Peace Capt Pat with my most apreciation for the good men you always show to me.
1969 Hull #313-897
Tommy

Re: long time

Post by Tommy »

Hi Luis, sorry your return to the Bertram31.com Board was met with the sad news of Patrick's passing. We have all lost a very dear friend, but he would want the Board (the sandbox as Uncle Vic called it) to continue as a place for us to meet and discuss "boat things" as you referenced. I have always enjoyed your posts, so welcome back; you have been missed.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Luis

Welcome back. Yes it has been s little tough around here with the Captains passing. Bruce and Mike are trying to make sure this site keeps on running.

We all lost a dear friend and for some of us it was like a family member.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Good to hear from you Luis!

Sorry you walked into the bad news of the Captains passing...he left some very big shoes to fill. Hopefully if we all continue to pitch in, maybe we can get close to filling them.

Your retirement sounds like that of a few people I know. They would have relaxed at work a few more years if they only knew how much work retirement is...especially if your wife rents you out as "he's retired, sure he can help you".

Away from traffic and the loudness of the city does sound so very nice. I'd say its better then laying on a beach with scantily clad ladies serving you drinks...but that would be a lie.

Between your retirement jobs, try to stop in and say hi, keep us up to date on your 31 and the tractor.

Carl
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Good to hear from you Luis! Stay well!
-M
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage