Cummins V504M starter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Olivier
Standing Member

Cummins V504M starter

Post by Olivier »

Hello,
I have to change the 2 starters on my Cummins Engine V504M and the only parts number i have are the old Cummins one, if someone can help and share new Delco Remy parts number or other brand i will be very happy, I don't want to make mistake on the order.
Cummins parts number 197125(CW) and 197124(CCW).
Thanks for your help
Olivier
1972 BERTRAM 31 hull number NJZ594940686
Navatech

Re: Cummins V504M starter

Post by Navatech »

Why not have them rebuild?!... A properly rebuild starter is, at least, 98% as good as new one...

If that's not a possibility, a truck parts place will most likely be able to cross-reference the part numbers... And, you don't really have to get Cummins OEM... None of the engine manufacturers actually makes their own starters...
Olivier
Standing Member

Post by Olivier »

I'm in Philippines, i have tried to find there but impossible so i need to order in States without mistake on the new parts number, can be Delco Remy, Bosch or other brand, just to have the right parts.
Rebuilt it's a good idea but for to do so i will have to send them in States and shipping back and forth will be heavy.
Thanks for your answer.
Olivier
1972 BERTRAM 31 hull number NJZ594940686
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Olivier wrote:I'm in Philippines, i have tried to find there but impossible so i need to order in States without mistake on the new parts number, can be Delco Remy, Bosch or other brand, just to have the right parts.
Rebuilt it's a good idea but for to do so i will have to send them in States and shipping back and forth will be heavy.
Thanks for your answer.
Olivier
I'm pretty sure that they use Cummins engines in the Philippines... Try out a few starter rebuilding places... Rebuilding two is likely going to cost you about the same and possibly less then a single new one... Also, a lot of the internal parts are actually pretty generic... Just try it... Get on the internet and use your phone... Maybe not on your island but try the other, especially the bigger, islands... You've absolutely nothing to lose...