prop. tech

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

prop. tech

Post by bob lico »

carl here is the last prop job i am getting involve with. a copy from Skip class submarine prop. so much as paddle type design with 110 % overlap. sea trials are over and boat was finally pulled and block. boat is a 40' haterass .wheeels are nibral replacing 4 blade design. picked up 1 1/2 knots at wot. over haterass design wheels. deep pocket guy made donation to Saint jude`s Children Hospital.-------- game over
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Re: prop. tech

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

That is one wild looking wheel you have there Bob!

Modified an existing or started from scratch? Either way as you say...deep pockets required.

St Jude's, great idea! If you don't mind I may steal that idea for jobs I cannot charge for.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i had the opportunity to see those innocent children at the hospital and it tore my heart out.the owner of that boat is very wealthy and has a number of boats not really a friend just loose talk at marina tiki bar. he had a Haterass pro install props. i said i could do better (due to the engine torque i had to work with) just give me a check with your signature and i will fill in the numbers!!!!!!!! the props are highly modified .i max out the cup on all the "paddles" this 40' express is up on plane fully loaded in 15 seconds. instant response at any speed with 38 knot cruise. think about it; those electric motors on nuclear submarine have enormous torque i just copy the idea no innovations on my part. all and all a nice end to the story with large donation to those children.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John Nardi

Post by John Nardi »

Hi Bob....I had a pair of 5 Blade Radici's on my 46 Hatteras 25 years ago...I picked them up on the cheap and sure enough picked up about 1.5 to 2 knots...I did find however that they were very difficult to maneuver the boat into the slip with strong wind and currents...But they were fast!! Best, John PS... Took the rear bulkheads out yesterday!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john here is the photo of blend where your windshield meets deck. windshield job is 10 years old not so must as a hairline crack after dropping the top of 15 foot of wave among other high speed abuse. the 50/50 mixture is like granite.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

bob lico wrote:the 50/50 mixture is like granite
What mixture?!...
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

"the mixture" is harder then stone and hand sanding is useless . capt. patrick advice and some experimenting came up with west system epoxy mix with a 50/50 mix of high density filler (404) and Collloidal silica (406). the absolute strongest possible form of epoxy seam,joint or build up on a boat.say what you want and you have a opinion but i am not open to discussion. i have been sanding this mixture for 16 years and used it to mend a crack in a poured concrete foundation! the trick is to shape just as it sets let it dry a few days and forget about it. every bit of mending ,filling in,and every thing else on my boat and 50 others without any failures. if you have a set of balls sand blast bottom and fill in every blister ,crevice, fairing for structs with this mixture; good luck!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

bob lico wrote:"the mixture" is harder then stone and hand sanding is useless . capt. patrick advice and some experimenting came up with west system epoxy mix with a 50/50 mix of high density filler (404) and Collloidal silica (406). the absolute strongest possible form of epoxy seam,joint or build up on a boat.say what you want and you have a opinion but i am not open to discussion. i have been sanding this mixture for 16 years and used it to mend a crack in a poured concrete foundation! the trick is to shape just as it sets let it dry a few days and forget about it. every bit of mending ,filling in,and every thing else on my boat and 50 others without any failures. if you have a set of balls sand blast bottom and fill in every blister ,crevice, fairing for structs with this mixture; good luck!
Thanks... Good to know for future reference...