new tournament

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

thereheis

new tournament

Post by thereheis »

there is some strong talk around they yard that there might be a new tournament held in ROCKPORT TX this year. it's gonna be for 31 bertrams only,word is that it's gonna try and be held on or around the mid of july.will find out more and post more info ,,nothing herd on entry fee as of yet,but i'll keep ya'll posted.

phil
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Keep your eye's open for new NMFS regulations which require the use of circle hooks in billfish tournaments.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Thank God...........................

With everyone pushing for endangered species classification on white marlin the best thing the recreational fisherman can do is use the lowest mortality hook on the planet.

Yeah Circle Hooks.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
thereheis

new tournament

Post by thereheis »

i like -em been using -em for quite some time,,,,haven't lost hardly any fish once it's hooked.and lost less stress on the fish also at the boat,just cut the leader,,,,let it go.....

phil
clay

Post by clay »

Phil

Keep me advised on Rockport. My May launch date is slipping but I may be in the water by June if I stop fixing things and start putting the boat back together.

I have come to the conclusion that my new interior lay out is going to feature bean bag seating and five gallon tackel buckets that double as tables when you dump all the gear on the floor to untangle it.

Clay
thereheis

bertram 31 tournament

Post by thereheis »

just got a e-mail from T,RYAN HUTCHISON - looks like DALE JOHNSON is gonna try and have the 31 bertram tournament june 22-23,if intrested send a e-mail to them and let -em know if your intrested send it to
bertram31tournament@yahoo.com
name - name of boat - email address-phone num and location - fax num
looks like we might have a good start on this ,,,,pass on the word...will be headed out of rock port texas,they can give you more info...

phil
thereheis

bertram 31 tournament

Post by thereheis »

well it looks like those dates aren't gonna work . looks like aug 11 maybe...will keep you informed..
phil
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Can Bert 28's fish the tourney?

You know, Bert 28's are second class, arse dragging, bubble boats, owned primarily by no fishing posers and bedwetters, right? As such, no threat to any serious B31 fishermen. Some are even powered by lawn mower engines.

Maybe just one as an affirmative action kinda deal? Like say, Team Hyena.
Capt. Mike Holmes

31 Contest

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Hey, August 11 is my birthday! I might even be able to make that one, as a B-day present to me, and give it some press coverage. Then, if 28's are not allowed, I could invite a 28 guy or two to fish with me.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."