Pic download from i pad

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Yannis

Pic download from i pad

Post by Yannis »

Does anyone know if and how one can download pics from an i pad?
I dont seem to be able to make it connect to photobucket so as to proceed the known way as with my pc.
Thanks.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Carl

Re: Pic download from i pad

Post by Carl »

Just tried, uploaded photo from the bucket,

Then uploaded photo from iPad to bucket and then to here.

It is a pain from the bucket as I had to try and expand choice till "select all " was offered as a choice then copy and paste as img as usual. In short doable but clumsy on ipad
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:Does anyone know if and how one can download pics from an i pad?
I dont seem to be able to make it connect to photobucket so as to proceed the known way as with my pc.
Download or upload?!... Either way, when you're on an iOS device it's easier to use the Photobucket app...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl thanks.

Nav, youre way ahead man... Ill see what i can do...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Nav,

Once the pic is already in photobucket, how do you instruct the damn thing to move it to the bertram site?

With the PC you click on "direct" (in photobucket) and then you click on "postreply" (in the bertam site), where you turn it into img and it shows as a picture.

What with the i pad ? (before i toss it overboard...)
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:Once the pic is already in photobucket, how do you instruct the damn thing to move it to the bertram site?
Assuming you're accessing Photobucket through the iPad's browser... Click the image with your finger, below the image you'll see "SHARE"... Click that... Then click "Get Links"... Then continue as usual...

Better yet, get the Photobucket app!...
Yannis wrote:What with the i pad ? (before i toss it overboard...)
Send it to me?!... <grin>
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

If i click on the little menu ON any pic (while in the bucket library) there appears a "share" - in fact thats the ONLY share function available anywhere on my screen. Click this and it asks to share in the social networks only. There is no "get links" anywhere.
You must have a smarter i pad than mine !
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:You must have a smarter i pad than mine !
Yannis, tablets (and smart phones) are really little hand held computers... And just as in computers you have different hardware and software platforms you have different hardware and software platforms in the "mobile" world... What you can do and how you should do it is related to what hardware and software platform you're running... What you see, what you can do and how you do it depends on your hardware and OS (Operating System)... In the computer world the options are as follows:
  • Apple hardware:
    • Running Apple's OS (Mac OS X)... This is the most common combination...
    • Running a Windows OS (there's several ways of doing this)... Quite a few people do this due to the fact that they HAVE to as there's a software solution they absolutely have to use for their work or hobby and for which there's no Mac compatible option..
    • Running a UNIX operating system (Mac OS X is really a UNIX based OS)... This quite a rare option usually done mostly by scientists...
    • Running a LINUX operating system... This quite a rare option usually done mostly by tinkerers and nerds...
  • Generic hardware:
    • Running a Windows OS... This is the most common combination...
    • Running a UNIX operating system... This quite a rare option usually done mostly by scientists...
    • Running a LINUX operating system... This quite a rare option usually done mostly by tinkerers and nerds...
Luckily for you, the mobile scene is slightly less complicated:
  • Apple hardware (iPod, iPhone, iPad) running iOS
  • Generic hardware running Android
  • Additional specific hardware running specific OS' (e.g. Windows, Nokia, Blackberry etc)
What exactly are you using?!... Is it an iPad (i.e. a tabled running iOS) or is it a generic tablet running a version of Android?!...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Nav,

I'm in Syros island, i started my vacations 15 days ago.
I'm depending on the marina's wifi which is slower than a careta careta turtle.
My IT skills are worse than a monkey's... I really thank you for all your explanations and feedback.
The fact is that i cannot interface the bucket with the Bertram site.
However i'll watch france vs portugal tonight and all else is good... I still have my pc onboard so i'll send the pics there and from there i'll post them... I just dont understand computer lingo and i NEVER will !

Thank you all very much for your effort... I'm not yet sure if i'm a Portugal or a France fan...best regards...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis, it's all good... Maybe once time we'll get to trade IT skills for some Bertram time <wink>

As for the final, as long as Germany isn't there I'm a happy camper <wink>
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yannis wrote:If i click on the little menu ON any pic (while in the bucket library) there appears a "share" - in fact thats the ONLY share function available anywhere on my screen. Click this and it asks to share in the social networks only. There is no "get links" anywhere.
You must have a smarter i pad than mine !

Yannis---next to "share" on the right side you should see a Lobe, a Gear like icon with hole in center. Click on that. It will open settings page.

Under heading "Links" check off the IMG code along with any other links you may use.

Go down one more heading to "Easy Linking Mode", check that.

Now go back into your "Library" Album and the thumbnail pictures should have the choices you have checked off from "links"
For our Forum, you want to Click on or Copy the IMG link...then "Paste" into your response post as usual.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl, very helpful, but as far as your last sentence is concerned I fail consistently.
I tap on the IMG that shows alright under each thumbnail photo and it brings up the alphabet board !
I then take it out of the way, I go into the Bertram site where I have already opened the "reply" space, I tap twice to paste and it brings over a 16 digit number as opposed to the image. Beats me...
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yannis- You are so very close!
When that keypad comes up the fun starts.

It is at this point you are going to try and tap the IMG box so that you get the "select all" prompt. I am not sure whether it is a double tap in the box or on IMG area...but play around a bit in and around that white box selection, it will come up.
When Select All box comes up, select that and it will offer choice to cut, copy etc...select Copy.

In Bertram forum you select Paste and the full line will present starting with a Boxed IMG th ephotoshop link and Boxed IMG last...no picture seen till you preview or post.

Nav may be right in that the App may be easier to get around on tablet...but even without it is doable on Ipad and even on my Iphone....just getting that "Select All" link to appear is my challenge as my fat finger selects too much stuff with each tap...but again...its doable.

Or download app...sometimes they are much friendlier then full site...other times not so much...I don't as I hate lots of apps and when you figure out how to use them...they update and your lost again or that great app is no longer so great.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl,

This pic is for you pal, thanx for your time.

Navatech

Post by Navatech »

That view was certainly worth the trouble...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

A buddy's summer house in Mykonos. They rent it out. 6 bedr + 6 bathr, around 10k euro/week.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Wow...I would say you can't buy views like that...but I would be wrong, cause you can at the cost of about 10k euro/week.

Spectacular view. I could sit there a good long while and just enjoy, thanks for sharing.

Yannis, I couldn't give up knowing you where So close.
Plus if it were me...I'd be frustrated wasting time playing the options over and over till I figured it out.
Enjoy...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Carl thank you.

I do sit there, out of season, when its not as hot or as windy, and I also take advantage of local windbound delicacies...
As for figuring it out by myself...forget it, 0 chances per million, you know some people are made for other things...
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Yannis wrote:A buddy's summer house in Mykonos. They rent it out. 6 bedr + 6 bathr, around 10k euro/week.
Would they take 10,000 British Pounds...?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

mike ohlstein wrote:Would they take 10,000 British Pounds...?
They'd be REAL stupid not to... At current exchange rates 10,000 British Pounds equals 11,970 Euros...
Dug

Post by Dug »

Since 95% of my pictures are on my mobile devices I thought it might be time to download the photobucket app after reading this thread. But there seems to be some challenges with the app that came up with my search in the app store.

Nav, which photobucket app are you recommending? there seem to be two, Express photo booth which has one star only and seems to universally disappoint and this is bad because the primary reason is you cannot access your hosted photo's or online albums, and Express prints which may not be the right one either...

So which app? Thanks!

Dug
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Dug wrote:Since 95% of my pictures are on my mobile devices I thought it might be time to download the photobucket app after reading this thread. But there seems to be some challenges with the app that came up with my search in the app store.

Nav, which photobucket app are you recommending? there seem to be two, Express photo booth which has one star only and seems to universally disappoint and this is bad because the primary reason is you cannot access your hosted photo's or online albums, and Express prints which may not be the right one either...

So which app? Thanks!

Dug
Which platform are on?!... iOS or Android?!... I only have iOS devices... I'm using the Photobucket - Backup & Print Shop app... It has 3 stars in the iTunes App Store...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photobu ... 39840?mt=8