Cockpit controls on B28 Flybridge

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

ccroke13

Cockpit controls on B28 Flybridge

Post by ccroke13 »

Has anyone installed cockpit controls on their B28 flybridge? I'm tossing the idea around as I like to be able to jig and troll while fishing. Thanks
Chris C.
Boston, MA
1970 31 Bahia Mar
1977 28 FBC
Yannis

Re: Cockpit controls on B28 Flybridge

Post by Yannis »

No, but im a fan too. For different reasons however ( for easier docking ) . I was told it would cost in the neighborhood of 2k. Cables, not hydraulics, if anybody has done it let us know pros and cons.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

I had cockpit controls in my 31 when I got it. Had Throttle, gears, and a simrad autopilot mounted on the starboard engine cover. I took them out after the first season. All I could see was someone in the cockpit bumping into them while underway and accidentally pushing an engine into neutral, or dropping the speed on an engine which could cause an abrupt change in direction. Also children find them irresistible to play with. For the crowds I had in the boat, way too risky and I only used them when trolling.
Scott Traenkle
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

STraenkle wrote:I had cockpit controls in my 31 when I got it. Had Throttle, gears, and a simrad autopilot mounted on the starboard engine cover. I took them out after the first season. All I could see was someone in the cockpit bumping into them while underway and accidentally pushing an engine into neutral, or dropping the speed on an engine which could cause an abrupt change in direction. Also children find them irresistible to play with. For the crowds I had in the boat, way too risky and I only used them when trolling.

Scott

I have seen cockpit controls with a lock out on them so they could not be played with while the boat is running. However that being said, if I remember right when I fished on the Sundowner a 35out of Kona, ( a while back) I remember Darrin Issacs saying don't touch. So I don't think his had a lock out. But lock outs make sense. I can see someone falling into them in a heavy sea.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315