Dock missing

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Dock missing

Post by Brewster Minton »

The storm came through here pretty good. C dock at Jacksons Marina is gone. Saw some boats that got floated off there stands. Old bayman told me highest water he has seen in 30 years. The water was going over the locks as Shinnecock. Coolers and dock boxes everywhere sunk or half afloat. Hope all is well for all the Faithful!!! Good Luck.
neil

Post by neil »

brewster i got my dock box from the 12/11 93 storm . jr and i will go for a ride in his whaler this afternoon and look for some goodies, we have lived on the water for 12 yrs and today is the highest tide we have seen. the boats look like they are going to come into the living room regards neil
Brewster Minton

lots of bumpers and floats, coolers, freezers down here
randall

Post by randall »

havent gone to look at my inlet yet.......those who have seen it just smile....its about 40 feet wide with a jetty on one side and rip rap on the other...waves occasionally break across it .....it gets hammered in some way most years....last year the bulkhead fell in and it shoaled up.............................................................mike and i went to look at brewsters fleet on saturday.....his 31 is the purest fishin machine ive seen yet.(B31 division).....sure to be a crowd pleaser at montauk.......which brings up something else.....montauk yacht club got sold....dont know if it matters but worth mentioning
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Never underestimate a Nor'easter. Just about got my butt handed to me by one last year. Glad you guys are OK. God Bless.
Last edited by Rawleigh on Apr 16th, '07, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I see Shinnecock web page shows highest winds in 24 hours to be 64 w/gusts of 79.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
randall

Post by randall »

inlet at my marina survived.....trees down here and there around town....including right behind my house....triple overhead out of control storm surf this morning.......15 years ago id be driving the beach on the north side lookin for a surfable spot but now im content to wait a few more weeks till the ocean hits.......................50
neil

Post by neil »

randall i had a few freinds that surfed today it was huge
randall

Post by randall »

bouys over 20 here ...total victory at sea...i know a spot that probably got surfed...south west wind this afternoon
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Jackson C dock is GONE!!!! WOW

Brewster which one is c dock??
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Brewster Minton

Its the dock to the south. They found it upside down under b dock. Its going to need some work.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Its the dock to the south. They found it upside down under b dock. Its going to need some work.
Yeah I think so also LOL glad its not my dock.
Just heard that the tide in Riverhead was up to the lights on the new pedestal on the town dock. That must not be to good for the electric outlets on them. Dam shame they are one year old.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Time to get out the CX!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31