Bad news for me...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

Bad news for me...

Post by Navatech »

I guess I've been F87ked over for the last time by my Chinese production partners... Long story short, my clients didn't get what they ordered (specs were changed without telling me), faulty production (stuff simply didn't work) and now my two big customers have dropped me...

I have some other, smaller, customers but they require a US presence... And the income from these smaller clients doesn't justify my expenses (US warehouse, me residing here) let alone the fact that my Admiral and mates are on a completely different continent...

This means that I'm going to liquidate everything I have here in the US and return home ASAP... 11 years down the drain... Well, that's life for you... I've been down and up before... Right now I'm down again but that will change... At least I know the house is free and clear...

I'll also be selling Lady S (my 1985 46'-6" Bertram Convertible)... It's not a show boat but it's also not an utter project boat either... All help in selling her will be appreciated... A small commission is possible and a donation to Capt. Pat is definitely part of the plan...

For any South East Florida members: there's a bunch of stuff for sale... Furniture, tools, equipment etc... If you're interested, head over to THT (The Hull Truth) and search for my posting name (Navatech)... I'm updating constantly what's for sale so remember to come back and check every so often...
Yannis

Re: Bad news for me...

Post by Yannis »

Ouch my man !

Try to simplify everything so it cost you the least possible. Get rid of everything not necessary.
Tell the mates that things have changed so they give you a "saving" hand.
You'll be surprised how much less you can spend if you need to. Done it....
Good luck, if I can do something let me know.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Sucks
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

I've been putting stuff on THT, Craigslist and a local sales app called Letgo.

It's amazing how many scammers come out of the woodwork!... Money talks and bullshit walks... No checks!... Cash or Paypal (to confirmed address) only!...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Nav

Sorry to hear this bad news. I hope all works out for you. Whatever you do, check in with us from time to time. Don't become a stranger, it happens all too often.

Best of luck to you.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
scot

Post by scot »

I'm always very sorry to hear stories like this, but
11 years down the drain
I don't think so. What you have learned over the past 11 years will benefit you in the future, the experience you gained makes you stronger. It's a journey, not a destination. Sounds to me like you will pick yourself back up and go at it again. You are doing what you need to do at this moment. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Sorry Nav!! I hope you will still hang around with us!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Oh yes... I'll hang around... I'm not giving up on my dreams!... I WILL be up again and I WILL own (another) Bertram!...

But, right now I have to pick up the pieces as best as I can... My two boys are practically out of the nest... The eldest will be out of the IDF in the summer... Then he's going to school.. The younger one is 6 months into his 36 months of duty... My daughters (10 & 13) are still at home...

The silver lining is that now I'll be with them... Me being in the US and them being on another continent was very hard on everybody... Sure, they have been here... Last summer the 3 young ones were here for 6-7 weeks... Disney, Universal, Puerto Rico (where we stayed on the boat)... But, when I was dropping them off at the airport, my youngest one said "dad, we had a great time but when are you coming back?"...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

There's some stuff that I'll be putting up for sale FIRST here... I'd rather it go to a brother for the ridiculous prices I'm asking then to somebody else... The brothers will have 24 hours of exclusive listing... Then it goes to all other places...
Last edited by Navatech on Apr 22nd, '16, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Nav-
Very sorry to learn this.
A good friend recently encouraged me that his definition of success is surviving setbacks and failures without diminishing his resolve.
You can be anywhere doing anything and be here!
Good luck,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Sorry to hear of your situation.
I'm back-n-forth between Long Island, NY and Ft. Lauderdale , FL (think Commercial Blvd.) and will help in any way that I can.
I have a Florida real estate and boat broker licenses and will help with either of them if needed.
Shoot me a PM with a phone number and we can discuss a few things
I'm down again first weekend in May... maybe sooner if necessary.
Also, if 46 isn't sold by 06/01, the current folks renting dock space from me leave then and your 46 will fit right where their 43 Eastbay currently is.
All the best.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Thanks to all who're trying to cheer me up and/or express empathy... It does help!...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bertramp wrote:Sorry to hear of your situation.
I'm back-n-forth between Long Island, NY and Ft. Lauderdale , FL (think Commercial Blvd.) and will help in any way that I can.
I have a Florida real estate and boat broker licenses and will help with either of them if needed.
Shoot me a PM with a phone number and we can discuss a few things
I'm down again first weekend in May... maybe sooner if necessary.
Also, if 46 isn't sold by 06/01, the current folks renting dock space from me leave then and your 46 will fit right where their 43 Eastbay currently is.
All the best.
Your offers are much appreciated!... The thing is my boat is in Fajardo, Puerto Rico...
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Nav,

Do you have any idea when you're flying back to Israel, presumably after you finish whatever you think necessary?
I understand you're keeping the house in the US?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:Nav,

Do you have any idea when you're flying back to Israel, presumably after you finish whatever you think necessary?
I understand you're keeping the house in the US?
I'm gunning for late May early June... No, the US residence is rented... I was supposed to renew the lease at the end of the month... Landlord is being nice and is letting me continue rent on a month by month basis...

It's the house in Israel that's mine... If I had real estate in the US I'm not sure I'd sell it... Real estate can make money...