CX to the Rescue

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Skipper Dick

CX to the Rescue

Post by Skipper Dick »

Previous stewards of this B28 had allowed water to pour over the new Merc. Horizons via the drain hole in the hatch gutters specifically the port side. I’ve been fighting and winning with various corrosion control methods that involve CX, elbow grease, wire brush, and black paint. Of course most of the water landed on the throttle control and I’ve notice just lately that the port cable was starting to stiffen up while the stbd. cable was fine. So, I removed the port cable from both ends and put a plastic tube over the ends with a hose clamp to keep it from leaking and filled the tube with diluted CX and let it seep into the 24 foot cable from both ends. I even blew into the tube to hasten the process. After about an hour and working the cable, it loosened up and is as good as new. Some time ago, I had already placed short flared copper tubes in the drain holes of all the hatch gutters and ran hoses from the copper tubes to an extra shower sump I had. It is about 90 percent effective for getting rid of the water, but no water drains on any mechanical parts anymore, even here in SW Florida when it rains. Now for the medical aspect. While blowing into the tubes and wrapping my lips around the CX soaked tube with chapped lips, I noticed almost immediately that the lips were cured. It’s a miracle drug as well, but don’t try drinking it to get rid of hiccups some other affliction.

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I'd avoid putting it on that rash as well!
Regards,

Doug L.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Next comes theCX hemorrhoid treatment!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Soon to come out in spf30 CX spf50 CXHD or maybe CXUV with the warming sensation for personal lube job