garmin feedback

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Post by neil »

garmin will be a sponsors in montauk 07 thanks everyone for so much feedback on this topic regards neil
Dug

Post by Dug »

I agree with JK. Alchemy has an E-120, with the dsm300, and the sirius satellite weather which at this point seems to have more functionality than the XM, but the radio control module is coming this summer. I have the 1000 watt through hull ducer. I can see a swimming gnat at 1000 feet at 25 knots. Brilliant. Also, a standard horizon vhf, northstar chartplotter, Raytheon R21XX open array 32 mile radar, two garmin hand held gps, 1 handheld vhf, and one pending 406 epirb. I adore my radar, and have kissed it.

I am a big fan of separate units, for the reasons already covered.

My choices in order would be Raymarine, Northstar, and Furuno. The Northstar is just way more user friendly than the Furuno, though the Furuno stuff works well. The Raymarine is simply awesome, and priced very well. I do think Simrad makes nice stuff, but tough to use as well.

Garmin is great for usability and is absolute king of GPS.
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Just saw that Sirius and XM are joining forces.....hope XM gets the Buffett channel
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I have a 232 that's maybe six yrs old. One of the first to have WAAS. I like it so much that I bought the adaptor for the car and also can plug it into my desk top so I can play with it in the winter.
A few yrs ago we got the MapSource Blue chart for the NorEast use it all the time on the desk top. The courses to Atlantic City and to Newport were plotted on the desk top and then down load to the 232.
I like Garmin.
A/K/A El Gaupo