Alchemy progress

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Alchemy progress

Post by Dug »

I spent a couple hours at the metal working shop in RI yesterday roughing out a conceptual design for the new hard top for Alchemy. She never got wet this summer past, but enjoys a shiny new exterior, new windows on the sides, and aft bulkhead, a new dash configuration, and a glassed in windshield. I guess thats the superficial description but the details that Brewer Street Boatworks have attended to have been too many to count. All new chrome and so much interior work.
So the tower will be roughed up by the end of next week and I'll get pictures and likely another visit before the light turns green. She'll return to Newport for the winter and the tower will be mounted up in the spring, and the remaining details will get done during the next couple months. Then shoot down to Mystic for her new electronics and over to her slip for the first time in a longgggggg time. Can't wait...
Tommy

Re: Alchemy progress

Post by Tommy »

Sounds good Dug; now for the comment you knew was coming: please post pics soon! Can't wait to see the "new" Alchemy.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Tommy, I know I may sound a bit like a luddite, however I just cannot get my arms around posting pics. It has not been a priority. Now, that being said, anyone who does have the capability, I am happy to send a couple shots their way and maybe they would put them up...

Thoughts?

And yep, I knew that question was coming! LOL!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dug, Who is doing the tower? BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Dug I came across this a few weeks back.

http://youtu.be/J517gJdp8lU
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bob, Marine metal fab. I am working with Tom Materne. They were sold to Striper marina and it is going well so far.

I am looking at having the metal work all contained inside the plastic. Kind of like Wahine. We shall see how it looks!

D
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Dug i figure you are going to duplicate the interior of a larger version of Bertram like 2001 0n up 45' and will be using mahogony or teak with neutral accents and leather seats in salon. obvously no shiny gel cote inside the door of cabin so take your time cabin interior can go on for years until you satisfied. the Corian color used in the newer Bertram is real nice and durable try it.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bob, Thanks for the sound advice! Right now I am not going after the interior. This is exterior only at this point. I need to save a couple more years and do some home based renovations next... But the boat will be structurally stable and tight like yours, so I am looking forward to a few more years of trouble free use in that regard. Interior may come some time in the future. You know me, I can't do it ALL at once!!!!

But you are right, love the new interior look!!!!