Now this is cool

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rickysa

Now this is cool

Post by Rickysa »

....sad to think, however, that most folks first thoughts will be "well, that's how they'll take down the next airliner"
IRGuy

Re: Now this is cool

Post by IRGuy »

I call BS on this.

Looks real but I doubt there are personal jetpacks that can fly that fast and that high.
I doubt a jetpack could carry enough fuel to get that high
Turbulence off a large commercial plane wouldn't allow anything so small to fly so close.
A those altitudes I suspect the temperature would be so low that the jetpack pilots would freeze to death.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

IRGuy wrote:I call BS on this.

Looks real but I doubt there are personal jetpacks that can fly that fast and that high.
I doubt a jetpack could carry enough fuel to get that high
Turbulence off a large commercial plane wouldn't allow anything so small to fly so close.
A those altitudes I suspect the temperature would be so low that the jetpack pilots would freeze to death.
Looking at the Airbus 380 I can see indications that it's flying at low speed (e.g. extended flaps)... Possibly it's "gliding" at just above stall speed... I think the jetpack pilots could keep up with that... As for the altitude, they don't seem to be that high... As for the turbulence, I have no answer... But I did notice that the jetpack pilots were keeping away from the rear of the Airbus...
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Navatech

Post by Navatech »

This is at least as cool:

But personally I wouldn't use it to cross waters like the Hudson... Not without a rescue boat being in the area... When you're puttering around in a boat and the engine(s) go out you still float... When that happens with one of these you go swimming... At least the pilots of the jetpacks that were in the Emirates Airbus video have parachutes...