Boat ramp etiquette

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Boat ramp etiquette

Post by IRGuy »

Lifted from THT... do you carry a shovel on your boat?

https://vimeo.com/67253679
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Rawleigh

Re: Boat ramp etiquette

Post by Rawleigh »

No, but I've seen a few that needed a shovel to the head! I have a friend who lives across the creek from a boatramp and on the weekends you can sit on the deck with a beer and have all the free humor you want!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Back in the 90's when the Young Turks of Wall Street were receiving 7 figure bonus checks, I would spend much free time down at the harbor. There, for the price of an ice cream cone, you could really have an entertaining afternoon watching Stupid Human Tricks.

Your first boat should NEVER be a 45 foot sailboat........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

That is great, having a little skiff that I trailered for years I learned to avoid all this fun action or try too. Go out really early and hopefully get back to the ramp before the chaos starts for the day. The morning is easy, people pull up and decide to load the boat while halfway backed down. No big deal I drink coffee and laugh.

But in the afternoon guys are backing down doing there thing wasting time and at the same time guys are coming back to the ramp to come out. Guy drops his boat in and who is going to get that spot the next guy in line waiting to go in or the guy on the water waiting to come out. He's been waiting in line to go in for 15 minutes but didn't think it was important to have the boat ready to go. The guy on the water has been drinking beer since 5AM.

Who screams at his wife and kids like the world is going to end. Who hasn't checked the battery in a month until the boats off the trailer, forgot to put a line out, or put the plug in. My favroite not securing the boat to the trailer before pulling out...

One of the county ramps has an old crusty retired guy that polices everything, yells at people that don't do it right. Mr knowitall at his best. Must be aux coast guard 'cause all he does is complain about the "Pee-doubiya-seas" all day.

Happy Friday....
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

At my marina we refer to the owner as "Dick The Dock Nazi!" He runs it with a tight fist, which of course enhances the viewing pleasure. We ( Those who have seen him in action) suggest having your shit in one sock before you even turn the key on the truck and move toward the ramp. Really a super nice guy who truly enjoys torturing the living shit out of stupid people. Much like Peter Sellers in the movie "Being There" I like to watch.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Start charging people extra for time at the ramp and you'll see how quickly they'll learn...