Rub Rail cap

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

Rub Rail cap

Post by Todd Pearce »

As an interim fix I have decided to paint my alloy rub rail and wish to replace the SST cap, cant seem to find a supplier down here so any advice would be greatly appreciated
Regards Todd
Pete Fallon

Re: Rub Rail cap

Post by Pete Fallon »

Todd Pearce,
The only supplier on the east coast of the US is Taco Metals in Miami-Ft Lauderdale area. You might want to check with some of the Hong Kong boat builders they might be able to get you some, the next time they order supplies, there is another company building boats in Viet Nam that you might try. What about calling Riveria are they still building boats in Aussie land. Make sure that you use Tef-Gel between the stainless steel screws, stainless cap and the aluminum rub rail, or else the aluminum rub rail will bubble like crazy, (dis-similar metals)
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Todd Pearce

Re: Rub Rail cap

Post by Todd Pearce »

Pete , thanks for the feed back, I found a company call Marine Industries, in Michigan and Tennessee , www.marineind.net, they do solid sst half round in a verity of profiles ,pre drilled and polished, with finishing ends etc looks great and they have been very helpful to deal with, have placed an order with them ,know just trying to get a reasonable price to ship it
cheers Todd