Stuart, FL dockage

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tooeez

Stuart, FL dockage

Post by Tooeez »

After years of dreaming and planning the time has finally arrived--come August I will be loading my 28 on a trailer and leaving the frozen people's republic of New York and relocating to Stuart. I need to find a new home for the boat, and with gassers the closer to the inlet the better. I have visited most of the marinas around Manatee Pocket, and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions concerning places to consider, or more importantly places to avoid.
Pete Fallon

Re: Stuart, FL dockage

Post by Pete Fallon »

Tooeez,
I lived in Stuart for the last 8 years before moving back to the frozen North ( Peabody, Ma) for medical reasons last September. The Manatee Pocket is about as close as you can get to the inlet, without going over to high priced private Sailfish Point. Bill Macovinia used to keep his 31 at Sunset Harbor Marina at the foot of the Roosevelt Bridge, nice marina with Sailor's Choice restaurant next door. There are a few waterfront condo complexes that might rent out slips, also try Stuart Yacht and Country Club they might have something. After that you have to go up under the railroad bridge, then it's at 30 minute run to the inlet. I almost forgot, try A&J Boatworks in Manatee Pocket it's over off Anchor Drive going toward Rocky Point, across from Rupp Outrigger Shop, they have a very few slips that they rent out. Talk to Steve Chaszar he runs the A&J yard, tell him sent you he also might know of a private slip that might be available. It would be a good place to have the boat delivered to if your trucking it down from New York, semi-do it your self yard with a lot of expert sub contractors.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Tooeez

Re: Stuart, FL dockage

Post by Tooeez »

Thank you, Pete, A&J is one of the few places I did not check out, but I will now!