B20 Hull plans

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Matt Shackleton

B20 Hull plans

Post by Matt Shackleton »

Hi All, bit of a long shot here, but have a 1966 built B20 (CC conversion) which I suspect started life as a Bahia. I found a cracked strake on the weekend after searching for water ingress point. Now seeking build plans or good photos so I can plan repairs. This boat is a keeper for me so want to do it right. Thanks in advance. Matt from Oz.
Rocket

Re: B20 Hull plans

Post by Rocket »

Matt, that is not something I have seen despite many years of looking. The strakes are perfectly symmetrical from side to side, so you could just copy one side to the other. One thing we did which I believe paid off was to ensure that the strake edges and trailing edges were very crisp. We also spent a lot of time with a straight edge ensuring that there was no hook or camber in the hull, it was very straight when we finished and the strakes were parallel to the hull with sharp edges. We also faired the crap out of it so it was smooooovvv
Matt Shackleton

Re: B20 Hull plans

Post by Matt Shackleton »

Rocket, thanks for the reply. Taken me a while to get back to you because we have been on the water over summer! Big issue noticed yesterday was the deck drainage tanks on either side are filling rapidly - have bunged them off to stop the bilge deluging. Time to take the deck off and see what lies beneath. I suspect cracked strakes. If you have any photos of your reno, I'd love to see them. Any guidance is good guidance! Cheers.