last dangerous hunt

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

Re: last dangerous hunt

Post by bob lico »

dan i guess we think alike and it bothers both of us.load up the boat with 4 plus cans of chum 1 big bag of Brewster`s secret Mako shark attractor,3 flats of mackerel and live bluefish then head 50 plus miles out and if your lucky come back with mako/thresher now cut into steaks ,vacuum bag (i have large model food server brand) and wife will throw out after two months or so.she is a nut job with organic food,wild fish only no farmed anything in sea world including shrimp.bottom line seems hardly worth going thru the work of freezing !
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

bob lico wrote:dan i guess we think alike and it bothers both of us.load up the boat with 4 plus cans of chum 1 big bag of Brewster`s secret Mako shark attractor,3 flats of mackerel and live bluefish then head 50 plus miles out and if your lucky come back with mako/thresher now cut into steaks ,vacuum bag (i have large model food server brand) and wife will throw out after two months or so.she is a nut job with organic food,wild fish only no farmed anything in sea world including shrimp.bottom line seems hardly worth going thru the work of freezing !

I'll agree with your wife about no farm raised anything in sea world. Could care less about it being organic...just farm raised seems tasteless at best. I'd rather hate the taste of something then eat tasteless.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i guess you have seen all the research on the farm raised shrimp from the Orient feed with human waste---------nice real nice you got to be kidding me! however 1/2 price of wild from Gulf of Mexico. farm raised Salmon around $ 16.00 and wild about $22.00 a pound. the difference in taste is beyond words.along with veggies from farm stand in season and organic store out of season.you are what you eat.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

bob lico wrote:i guess you have seen all the research on the farm raised shrimp from the Orient feed with human waste---------nice real nice you got to be kidding me! however 1/2 price of wild from Gulf of Mexico. farm raised Salmon around $ 16.00 and wild about $22.00 a pound. the difference in taste is beyond words.along with veggies from farm stand in season and organic store out of season.you are what you eat.
Damn, I never thought of myself as a pussy.....sorry, it had to be said.

Banned for life by the meanteam....Again.

Tom
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

great come back tom! i guess we are thinking of Irena in the corvette ,you must be proud of me tom i manage to Hy -jacked my own thread!!!!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

I have had vacuum sealed fish after a year, and it had not lost any quality. Now like Rawleigh said it is the freezer burn that will really kill it.

Freezer burn is brought on by the defrost cycle in the modern uprights. Coffin freezers, do not self defrost so Freezer Burn is kept to a minimum. To ensure it never happens, follow Raleigh's tip. If you have a Coffin Freezer you should have plenty of room to keep that small block of ice the meet is in.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tony a big corvette show on Jersey shores .i will be passing thru may 3 are you around?

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Eye candy!... Always good!...

I just wonder... Considering the warring heels on grass is about as smart as using street slicks when mudding, is the blond wearing heels on grass because she's a blond?!...
Kevind767
Standing Member

Post by Kevind767 »

How do you get a Blond up on the roof?

Tell her the drinks are "On the House"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Where on the Jersey Shore, it is a big place. If it is nearby would love to meet you. That is a Sunday.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tony the bride wants to see the Azalea display in Wilmington N.C. .i will spent a night in VA. beach so the the corvette meet is out just not in the cards.however my friend just purchase a beach house near sandy hook so i will be out there on his boat bass fishing this summer and will get in touch.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Hey, now you'll be fishing in my neck of the woods.

Taking boat to the hook or driving?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

carl i am in the final stages of building a one of a kind center console for howie then i will drive it to sandy hook and fish there primarily for bass .bass are not to be had in fire island inlet unless you have the skills and experience of peter or charlie on this board.years back i had a real 28' cigarette with full race lay up her sister ship was the Headhunter national champion in modified division APBA .we cut the entire top off and took it to the stringers with fancy fuel tanks with transfer pumps and self bailing cockpit with 2' floatation extension and two 250hp Veradoes. he gave me a sign check money is no object so i did my best to buy the best of everything ,my first installation with Simrad chirp sonar and duel 12" displays. YES i even put electric trim tabs on it. total polymer enclosure with hidden zippers.isolated AGM batteries .i think i have photo`s ----------yes your invited !!!!!
Last edited by bob lico on Apr 22nd, '15, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i had my aluminum guy built a rail around transom area for howie to cast plugs ,thats his style of fishing .there is life line down center of bow and grab rails that have been added .any ways something different

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bob

Nice work on that Cigarette. Looks great.

I understand the wife winning out, she probably saw the blonde standing next to the Corvette and felt that Azalea's were a safer bet for you and her. LOL

We will catch up at some point.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tony i have a computer and she has her own lat top .i have Russian encryption to get into my computer so she has no idea what i write on forums.Best keep it that way.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have to ask Bob, how does Russian encryption prevent your wife from seeing what you write on open forums?
Why Russian? Enigma too old school for you?
You have once again surprised me Bob!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

bob lico wrote:tony i have a computer and she has her own lat top .i have Russian encryption to get into my computer so she has no idea what i write on forums.Best keep it that way.
Bob

Now that is too funny
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

bob lico wrote:tony i have a computer and she has her own lat top .i have Russian encryption to get into my computer so she has no idea what i write on forums.Best keep it that way.
I definitely wouldn't assume that if she wanted to see what you're posting she couldn't do so... Quite the contrary in fact... She doesn't need to get into your computer!... In fact, you don't have to be a member in order to read posts!... She could be a silent lurker!...
Last edited by Navatech on Apr 24th, '15, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

kevin i was warned no discussion on that subject. Snowden is not a good subject!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Navatech wrote:
I definitely wouldn't assume that if she wanted to see what you're posting she couldn't do so... Quite the contrary in fact... She doesn't need to get into your computer!... In fact, you don't have to be a member in order to red posts!... She could be a silent lurker!...

Nav, bob has that covered....its why the hat and sunglasses in the avatar.
Plus the first name is spelt backwards and kept fully in lower case to throw one off the trail.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Well,Well Kevin what have you been up to lately? FYI. yes it is Enigma however it is digital and a PITA. first a six figure numerical code ,then 4 letter number code,then your personal password then "black box" give ok signal and you press key and a very short time, sensitive numerical code comes up and must be entered. BTW. this forum and every forum is monitor but they don`t read it just certain words or phases sent alert signal like B-omb.thats enough on this subject
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

You are hilarious Bob.
I have been working on my Carolina skiff. Finally got a motor for it. Had some left over vc performance epoxy so coated the bottom with it. I plan on doing some bullynetting this year and it will be nice to have a small boat for towing around mini me on a tube. He will be three next month and loves the boat life.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

NAV. it is not the posts on forums it is the huge amount of PM. that worries me.her job is continuous shopping and spending money foolishly and as a decorator spending there money trust me she is not the least bit concern or would ever care about forum talk!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473