ReJex on metal

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

ReJex on metal

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

A lot of you have asked me how ReJex works on metal. I'd never tried it until yesterday when I took the B31 bow chock that sits on my desk home to polish it - its bare bronze, never appears to have been chromed. It had gotten pretty ratty from folks pickiing it up, so polished with some metal polish and a buffing wheel back to mirror. Then applied a coat of ReJex, let it haze up, then polished with a cloth and let cure overnight. This morning I handled it and fingerprints just simply will not stick to it.

So I can now with confidence say its Magic in a Bottle for metal.

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Vic-would you consider using it on an aluminum radar arch after cxing it? Walter
In Memory of Vicroy

You would have to let the CX soak into the metal pores for a while, then wipe the surface clean with a solvent before using the ReJex.

UV
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

UV,

Do you sell rejex as well?

I've been using it on the topsides of my 33 for the past 2 years and it works fantastic. There is a coal burning plant in my harbor. When I used wax, the black streaks would get behind the wax on warm days and would never come out.

Now, I put on 2 coats of Rejex every spring and the streaks wipe right off!
Regards,

Doug L.
In Memory of Vicroy

Doug, yes I do carry ReJex in the 12 oz. bottle for $10.02 plus shipping. I'm out of the 16 oz right now, but I've priced the 12 oz at the same per oz. as the 16. Just send me an email at VLR@RKKDLAW.COM with what you need and a ground shipping address.

UV
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Vic, I'm working on this fishin boat that has an awful soot problem on the transom. I'm doing the hull with polyglow and was going to use rejex on the transom. Should I use rejex alone or over the polyglow on the transom? Thanks, Mitch
Mitch
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Mitch,

You can apply the Rejex over just about anything, but nothing over the Rejex... I'd suggest to do your whole Polyglo project and then apply the rejex over it.

Br,

Patrick
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Thank You Patrick
Mitch