game pole question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

game pole question

Post by Todd Pearce »

my B42 project has finally turned the corner, just reinstalled the engines after what was going to be short block rebuilds that grew into complete rebuilds, but its worth it for the piece of mind that everything is perfect, so know that we have completely re-engineered the mechanical its on to the cosmetics, one of the two major components missing from the boat is the game poles/spreaders, I am led to believe that the 1986 B42s game with rupps, can any one confirm this, as the original mounts are still there I would like to keep them the same, so any thoughts or feed back would be greatly appreciated
Regards Todd
msteimer
Standing Member

Re: game pole question

Post by msteimer »

Todd, can't help you on the original B42 riggers, but every once in a while a nice set pops up on THT for cheap. May be worth searching their classifieds.

Not Rupp, but the money you save would easily pay for the mods to the bases...
http://www.thehulltruth.com/parts-forum ... ggers.html
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Todd,
If the out rigger base poles have a plate that is attached (pop riveted) with a serial number they are from Rupp, I think the early 80's Bertram's were still using Lee's out riggers. Another way to tell if they are Rupp's is by the attaching hardware to the fly bridge if you still have that part. Take a few pictures of what you have left and post them on this board or send them to me at Fal4artbts@aol.com.
Pete Fallon
Todd Pearce

Post by Todd Pearce »

pete will get some photos posted up soon as ,
cheers