NRA Question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

NRA Question

Post by Navatech »

I'm considering becoming a member (I'm not a US citizen so I can't own a weapon) because I support their cause...

As a member, you get one of their magazines for free... Which one should I get and why?!... The options are as follows:

1) American Rifleman
2) American Hunter (I don't hunt)
3) America's First Freedom
Russ Pagels

Re: NRA Question

Post by Russ Pagels »

Nav, I get the American Rifeman, I also don't hunt, just put holes in targets. It has the latest guns and articles of historical value. The post of the brown water navy was very good. B/R Russ
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

American rifleman
1968 hull # 316 - 757
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

One of my neighbors regularly gets about 6-8 gun magazines, and when he is finished with them he gives them to me, so I opted to get "America's First Freedom".. it covers all the legal issues and has articles on lots of the anti-gun organizations and individuals. It also keeps a tally of which politicians are doing what on both pro and con sides. If I didn't get the free magazines I would probably get one of the others.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Nav

One word of caution, they will haunt you to the end of the earth looking for donations. Phone calls, emails, they don't stop.

Yes I am a member, but because of the non stop looking for money, I regret that I am.

I also support what they stand for, I just think they could be little more discreet.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Rifleman.

They used to be annoying, but being lifetime member they lost track of me since I stopped competing years ago...not a bad thing.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

You can call them up and tell them to stop with the solicitations.

You can also turn down the paper version of a magazine and do the online version if you want, it saves them more money which eases up the solicitations.

A word of caution on the NRA political score cards and such of politicians.

The NRA sends out questionaires to politicians who may fill them out and send them back to be rated based on their answers. Many do not send them back or falsely answer the questions to get a good rating.
When I was the NRA election volunteer coordinator for Palm Beach, Broward and Dade counties back in the 90's and the 2000 election, many politicans had no or false ratings. I complained profusely, they slowly made some corrections but their lack of urgency led me to unvolunteer.

As citizens it is our responsibility to check on and keep up with those politicians that serve us. Voting records going back to their political career start are clear indications of their true policies.
Those who are freshman politicans can still be disected to determine policy directions pretty easily.

Since my name and phone number was on the cover of every NRA magazine during election season in those 3 counties, you could not believe the types of phone calls I got.
"Who do I vote for" was the biggest question.

If one has to ask another who to vote for, I say burn your US birth or citizen records and N Korean is always looking for new people to join them.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

NRA Life member. I get Riflemen.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i also receive riflemen.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473