Water Tank Problem

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

williamcash

Water Tank Problem

Post by williamcash »

My B31's water tank will not allow the pump to hold pressure, has anyone else had this issue?

WC
Nothing beats the B31, especially in the Bahamas!
Navatech

Re: Water Tank Problem

Post by Navatech »

williamcash wrote:My B31's water tank will not allow the pump to hold pressure, has anyone else had this issue?
It depends on how your water system is pressurized... Some systems have a pump that will kick in as soon as you open a faucet... Other systems have a small (think along the lines of a half height standard fire extinguisher) sized pressure tank... Basically the tank has a membrane in it... With water on one side and pressurized air on the other side...

If you have the latter type it's possible that your membrane has gone south... Or, that the air side has lost pressure... You can try to pump up the pressure... Look for something that looks like a car tire inflator thingy... A bicycle pump will do...
williamcash

Post by williamcash »

Well the thing about it is that the pump will get pressure, and good at that, but it cannot hold it. I will get a video and pictures later.

WC
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

My original water system was a pump that sucked water from the tank,and only if the tank were empty would/should u Lise pressure, I'd look for a leak on the pressure side going to the faucets etc,sponge dry the various bilge areas ,try the pump and see where the leak is located
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

WC,

The stock B31 tank is a vented tank, so cannot be pressurized. The pump draws water from the tank, probably on demand if you're using a modern demand pump. The little plastic pressure tank, if present, only somewhat buffers the frequency of the on/off cycling of the pump.

The pump will only apply pressure when a demand is presented, (faucet opens). Either you possibly have an air leak on the suction side or a water leak on the discharge side.

Check all of your fittings and hoses for leaks...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
williamcash

Post by williamcash »

Well what I thought the problem was is that the hose coming to the pump from the tank is smaller than the output on the other side of the pump, when doing any work to a 31 did you seem to have a small hose coming from the bottom of the tank?

WC
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Did u change the pump size, the system has been there for many years and working properly, one way to possibly use the existing hose relationship is to pump the pressure side to an accumulator tank,they take up space,but may solve your problem