FloScan

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt Dick Dean

FloScan

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I'm having problems with the FloScan Cruisemaster 5532-264-2 0-32GPH Twin. They don't work. So what to do?
The flow sensors didn't just "go out". One went gradually and the other did the same thing. That's the way it looked on the gauge in the dash board. I'm thinking that the sensor got cloughed with dirt OR the ethanol melted the paddle wheel.
Need some advice. Thanks[/img]
A/K/A El Gaupo
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I would clean it out first and check the wires and see.
scot

Post by scot »

Dick,

Mine just quit, being addicted to it I had to do something. I checked the flow sensor and all looked well. At that point I sent the unit back to them (luckily still under warranty) and they replaced it, but never told me "why" it failed?

Make sure that you don't have any corrosion on any of the terminals. I believe that Floscans function on a standard instrument 4-20 milli amp signal and just a little of the green stuff can stop a signal that small. But based on the way you say it failed I would think you have some goo in the flow sensor, as Brewster stated. You might try taking out the sensor and spraying some carb & choke cleaner in it. Check with Floscan FIRST.

Good Luck
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0