Manufacturing of 31 Parts

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Manufacturing of 31 Parts

Post by Pete Fallon »

To the Faithful,
I've got a source for the possible manufacturing of fiberglass replacement parts for our old boats in the West Palm Beach area. Details still have to be worked out, but I haven't finalized anything yet. Looking for input and demand from you guys.
Parts list to include the following items: replacement engine boxes, cockpit side & transom panels, cockpit & cabin soles, cabin & V-berth overhead panels, dinette side panels. Possiblity of fiberglass forward & side window frame units and aft cabin bulkhead/ door replacement units.
The items would be high gloss gel coat finished. no wood composite high density PVC linear foam material. The cabin and cockpit soles would have a different non skid pattern, easier to keep clean than the wood grain now used. Drain tubes, gutters and flush mounted hatch pulls in the cockpit sole panels. Replacement gas tanks are not even being considered, so don't ask.
Any constructive input will be considered from the faithful. As some of you know I've done this type of manufacturing before. I might be a little nuts to get back into the business, but I'll give it another shot. Knee problems are keeping me from using my boat (1961 Express) and she's still for sale, somebody buy her please. Thudd no Tubb parts available at any price.
Contact me on the board or my cell 561-310-7179.
Pete Fallon
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Pete,
Cabrera is already making these parts including the fuel tank very well. Rather than reinvent the wheel why not co-op with them and give them some badly needed business acumen. They are in southern Florida.
Just a thought.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

pete, how about a drain plug set up?? sans plug?
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Thuddd,

Drain plug? You don't need a drain plug. What you need is a device like the oil rigs use for pumping sludge. That's all you are going to have from the bilge under those high horsepower squirt cans you bought.

Chiles
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Fibreglass side window frames ? I would be interested to hear more about those Pete. Thanks again for the ride to the Lauderdale airport last Oct. and for putting up with Timmy the whole way.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.