Back in New England after 24 hour drive from Florida

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Back in New England after 24 hour drive from Florida

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
I am back in the Northeast after a 2-1/2 day drive from Stuart to Peabody Ma. I know I am old and crippled but I had to do it one more time, this was the 45th trip up and down I-95. Left Stuart at 4:00 PM Saturday and drove to Walterboro SC in 7-1/2 hours, next day left at 9:00 AM and drove to Bellwmar N.J. at 8;30PM, left at 7:00 AM and arrived Peabody at 12:00 Noon on Monday. Didn't see any accidents until the Jersey Pike on Monday, south bound lane closed from 4:00 AM until who knows when TT over turned just after exit 3, detour backed up to exit 5 from exit 4 with another dump truck on its nose in the brake down lane just before exit 4. I don't know how you guy's in New Jersey stand the traffic, I thought the drivers in Boston were bad but New York/New Jersey are the worst I have ever seen. I watched a guy take off his front end against a guard rail on the Garden State Parkway on Monday, and another fool in a SUV marry the guard rail outside of Brewster NY on 684, he had the traffic backed up for 6 miles going south. Patrick I saw more dead deer on the road side between North Fl and New Jersey than I ever have seen before, at least 12 all doe's, lot's of road kill stew. Gas prices were coming down as you went north $3.27 in Fl to a low of $2.91 in Newcastle, Del.
If anyone needs to have some survey work done up North give me a call, I will be out of commission after the end of the month until the spring by the looks of surgery schedules.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Bruce
Site Admin

Re: Back in New England after 24 hour drive from Florida

Post by Bruce »

All that accent that scrubbed off in Florida is gonna come back. Next time I see ya, I won't be able to understand a damn thing your sayin.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Pete Fallon wrote:Faithful,
I don't know how you guy's in New Jersey stand the traffic, I thought the drivers in Boston were bad but New York/New Jersey are the worst I have ever seen.
Pete Fallon

You think the highways are bad...try getting off them. Especially in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Manhattan.

My commute is twice as far and it takes me less time to get there.
If I want to get home even quicker...my shortcut (actually it's a few miles longer) is to go over to Jersey at the Gothels Bridge take route 1-9 to the Outerbridge and back onto Staten Island...downside is the $13 toll...although its only $11 for Islanders with EZ pass...unless off hours then its $9.00.

45 trips Pete...Yikes!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

now that's a round about way carl
1968 hull # 316 - 757
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Bruce:

In a week he's going to be using quadahs to pay for things and tell you to Pahk the cah in Havahd Yahd

Tom
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

My commute in loves heading 2 miles east and then 5 miles south on Robert Moses causeway. Twenty miles west on ocean parkway and anothe 10 miles north on meadowbrook to the office. That's a 37 mile 45 minute ride to work. I can't complain it's about as. Lose as I can get to being on a boat during the week. The direct route to work on southern state pkwy is about 15 miles, stop and go. Psychos weaving, women putting on make up and men reading a newspaper. I've seen it all. Thank god for my alternate route.

I spent 40 minutes last weekend merging from the jersey turnpike tolls down to two lanes to get on the gothels bridge. Jockeying for position 1 inch at a time. I was convinced there is no humanity when an old woman gave me the finger.
Last edited by PeterPalmieri on Oct 16th, '14, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Carl

Post by Carl »

PeterPalmieri wrote: I was convinced there is no humanity when an old woman gave me the finger.

Just be happy she gave you a warning...