sherwood water pump D60

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dcasey10

sherwood water pump D60

Post by dcasey10 »

Blown water pump on one of the 440s, looking online and can only find it for around $500. Anyone have any ideas where to get one of these. Must be hard to come by these days.
HilaryS

Re: sherwood water pump D60

Post by HilaryS »

I must went through a similar situation requiring I replace one of my water pumps. Depending on what's wrong with your pump there are rebuild kits ranging from impellor replacement, to major rebuilds including seals and bushings. In my case would have needed a major rebuilt kit so I bought a new pump due to a lack of tools, experience, and a desire for expediency. I was unable to easily find anyplace which rebuilds the water pumps for less than a replacement. If anyone has advice or sources I would be interested.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Try these guys. http://www.depcopump.com/ Depco pump co.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

+1 on Depco.

Interesting pump you have. Mine uses a G5 that I replaced the backs on so that the inlet and outlet come out the same side on.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
dcasey10

Post by dcasey10 »

Found a new one for 477$ much cheaper than a rebuild kit and paying someone a few hours to rebuild it. I may buy a rebuild kit and try to fix the old one for a spare.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

DCasey10,
Try Bob Gallagher at Gallagher Marine Surveyors at Fosters Point in Beverly His cell is 978-807-2163 He has been around for a while and might have a pump kit or a pump hanging around. If he doesn't have anything try Mack Boring either in Boston or Rocky Hill Conn they were Chrysler dealers years ago. It's almost time to say good by to those old clunkers that's why I went to Mercruisers for my last repower, couldn't find parts for them and you paid thru the nose if you did find parts. The Jabsco pumps were pretty close to the same output as the Sherwood's just a different outlet design.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
dcasey10

Post by dcasey10 »

Pete,

If you have the chance you should go check out the boat its at Crockers in Manchester on the dock. Short drive from Peabody.They were the ones that pulled the engine for the rebuild and let us keep the boat on the dock for the rest of the season.

My dad and I know Bob well.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Casey: Interestingly most all of the references I find to the D60 pump is for small block application: 273 or 318. My factory setup 440's use a single G5 pump each. I think I changed to a G7(?) back so that the inlet and outlet are on the same side. Can you post a picture of your setup? What does the second pump go to? Mine comes from the strainer through oil cooler to the modified G5, and then to the Sendure and trans cooler. My engine water pump circulates the coolant. Maybe a different pump might be the solution.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31